Neverwinter MMO

Options
joejccva71
joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
Anyone playing this? It's currently in open beta, but the game is actually going to be free anyway. For a free game it's pretty good.

Replies

• plumwd
    plumwd Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I tried it and didn't enjoy it at all. I really hate the movement controls. I didn't like that my mouse is bound to the direction you're looking in. That alone stopped me from proceeding past initial login after I created a character.
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Ah, I was looking at trying this for a few, but think I'll pass.

Free is good, but I'll gladly pay for a AAA experience, which is why I've stuck mostly to WoW and Rift over the years.

Hope it does well though. I'm waiting to try out Elder Scrolls Online and of course waiting forever to see what EQ Next is like.
  • Bob_Sutton
    Bob_Sutton Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying this game.

The controls did take a bit to get use to, but they do allow for some pretty fast paced combat. I am seeing a bit of repetition in the tactics of the creatures. Hopefully that will change as I get into more areas.

There tends to be a lot more story to the quests than you see in WoW. At first I felt a little led by the nose with the sparkling quest path, but if you just stay on the path you miss out on quite a few hidden sections of the area. I have also come across a few really good player created adventures, in the last one I did was set up in a way that there were multiple ways to complete some of the objectives.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I looked at Neverwinter, but also decided to opt out. It just looked like it was missing something. Honestly between GW2 and WOW I'm set. I am however eagerly awaiting TESO and Arch Age. Then again, I've been waiting on Arche Age for at least several years now.
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Options
    My husband and I are playing and enjoying Neverwinter. I'm playing a cleric, and I'm not a fan of having to target my heals via the mouse, but other than that, I'm finding the mechanics straightforward enough. I think where this game really has the potential to shine is with its Foundry content. Giving the players the ability to craft their own dungeons and stories could be a really big win. I'm already seeing some Foundry campaigns that are very promising, and I'm looking forward to creating one myself when I have the time.
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am loving Neverwinter. It is like GW2 but without the failure. I still play WoW to raid but the rest of my time is here until the Elder Scrolls MMO :0
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I've been pleasantly surprised by it and have enjoyed it so far. I have a Control Wizard and a Guardian Fighter. I haven't been able to play WoW for a while now (while $15/mo doesn't seem like a lot, it is when you're on a tight budget), so free is good!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    The husband and I are cleric (me) and rogue-ing it up. I'm hoping for some expanding on the classes so I can roll an alt (If it doesn't heal I don't play it) and the hair on my poor demon lady is awful, but all in all it's not too bad.