Ender's Game Trailer!

Options

Replies

• Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    It looks way better than I thought it would.... I didn't like the voice-over guy at first - then realized it was Harrison Ford and my perception of it shifted... heh :) I got shivers towards the end... I'm psyched! :smile:
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I don't know. For some reason I am not very pumped about this. Admittedly, it has been a long time since I read the books, but I get the feeling that the movie won't hold up to the writing.

On that note, I think I will reread the books before seeing the movie. :)
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    I'm excited and a little worried - I loved the book
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm excited, I won't lie. I loved the books and hope they don't mess it up, but you know how movies are...
  • kvandeman
    kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I can't wait. Loved the books.
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I LOVED this series... I can't wait to see the trailer! I will have to watch when I get home.

EXCITED!
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I'm excited and a little worried - I loved the book

^^This is me as well
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    I must have loaned out my book, but have the rest of the series - sucks since I don't know who I loaned it out to - guess I'm buying my 5th copy

so, do you think they are going to set this up as a series? I wasn't as big a fan of the Speaker books, but did get hooked back in on the Bean books
  • bowties_r_cool
    bowties_r_cool Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I really don't know if they are setting it up for the series. It would be an awfully long series-- potentially.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Saw a trailer for this in the theater tonight; never read the books but it looked like it might be pretty good.

Of course, I saw Starship Troopers at the Rifftrax Live event last night, so by comparison the Ender's Game trailer looked like a space movie masterpiece!
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Movies are never able to follow books to exact accuracy. One example would be Ender's fight in the shower room with Bonzo. I'm not sure how they would portray that on the big screen but it's a very important plot element in what happens to Ender at the end of the war.