Too low calories?

Options
Hi, I just finished reading the Fast Metabolism book and I want to start after Mother's day (having brunch buffet with the family), but I have a few questions. I'm just trying to lose 10 lbs and my metabolism is really messed up from years of bulimia, restricting, and binging. I'm trying to set up a meal plan on my own with just using some of her recipes. I'm a vegetarian but I'll eat fish and egg whites for Phase 2. A lot of her recipes don't really appeal to me other than her egg and fish ones. Here's an example of my meal plan so far:
Phase 1: Breakfast: P1 oatmeal
Snack: 1 mango
Lunch: 1 cup quinoa, 1/2 cup egg whites, 2 cup veggies, and 1 orange.
Snack: 2 kiwis
Dinner: 1 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup lentils, 2 cups veggies

Phase 2: Breakfast: spanish egg white scramble witb spinach
Snack: 3 hard boiled egg whites with cucumbers
Lunch: Tuna and cucumber salad with some other greens
Snack: 3 hard boiled egg whites with cucumbers
Dinner: 6 oz fish with veggies

Phase 3: Breakfast: P3 Oatmeal
Snack: 1/2 cup hummus and cucumbers
Lunch: 3 egg salad over 2 cups of spinach
Snack: 1/4 cup almonds
Dinner: 1/2 cup quinoa, 1/2 cup lentils, 2 cups veggies

Does that seem about right? My other question is that this seems really low on calories. I've roughly counted up the calories and my estimate is that I'll be eating around 1000 calories in Phase 1, 700-800 calories in Phase 2, and around 1200 calories in Phase 3. I know my BMR is 1240 (got tested) and I don't really want to eat below it. I'm just worried that its too restrictive and it will trigger binging later on.
If anyone wants to correct me, feel free!

Replies

• nishelby
    nishelby Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    yes i still count calories that myfitnesspal suggests. i am afraid to eat too low for too long like that. i eat 1200 cal a day. it's easy for me to make a protein shake to get my calories where they should be if i find myself under all the time.
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I just did my calories and I am on the low side also. Follow this to a "T" and I haven't broken 1400 calories at all. That is not good, and not sustainable. Hmm. Just a bit frustrated.
  • Fit_Housewife
    Fit_Housewife Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I was eating 800-1000 calories before this and doing cardio 5x a week and the scale wasn't moving. So for me it seems like more food and I'm loosing. Try adding more veggies since these are unlimited. I have an extra sweet potato sometimes.
  • roman2358
    roman2358 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You need to add a vegetable to your afternoon snack
  • AmyJo6050
    AmyJo6050 Posts: 10
    Options
    I feel like there is too much food. Sometimes at lunch or dinner I think "I still have to have a fruit (or grain, or veggie)" and I am already full!