Any ASD Parents Who Have ASD Themselves?

Options
papillon71
papillon71 Posts: 92 Member
Hi, any of you parents of ASD kids and also on the spectrum? Love to connect. :-)

Replies

• mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I myself have not been tested but my husband states by watching me and all the research we have done into my sons diagnoses that I am probably borderline. One son is Aspergers and One is POD-NOS.

I am very schedule oriented. I absolutely hate change. Hate crowds. Very good at tracking stats and things like that. Did not develop very close relationships with kids my age when I was younger etc. So who knows lol....
  • papillon71
    Options
    Hi, I am in the process of a diagnosis, have an Asperger's son and pretty sure I am also on the spectrum, makes a load of sense of my life!
  • back_on_track
    Options
    After watching my daughter for the past year (pre- and post-diagnosis), I am almost positive I am on the spectrum as well. I am not sure I want a formal diagnosis, since I am functioning pretty well. I do suffer with Adult ADD, and that is what I am focusing on currently.

I do wonder why my parents never picked up on my "quirks" when I was little, but due to reasons beyond my control, I cannot ask them. I'm just happy my daughter will hopefully be better off than I am due to there therapy she receives.
  • papillon71
    Options
    Nice to hear from both you ladies, will send you both a friend request :-)
  • Bola17
    Bola17 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Son is diagnosed aspergers and I see clearly now why I often have a hard time communicating with my husband on certain issues. Although he might not be enough to get a diagnosis.
    But my son is more troubled by it. Mainly social wise. He doesn't have real friends, only the kids he skypes with and the others in school. But he's has no need to get together with them in real life!
  • papillon71
    Options
    Hi Bola17 :-) Do you think you are on the spectrum yourself now?
  • gaynorv
    gaynorv Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi I have one asd son and three 'normal. My husband Is sure I'm on the spectrum as is my sons school.. Lol.. Love science, spreadsheets, need order and tidiness - hate crowds - mindless conversation, 3 degrees in different subjects - my mother says I'm the most honest person she knows but too honest : ( Most awful temper, can not be late Ever, over stressy. Have done the diagnostic test online and oops I mean who would really prefer a theatre to a museum?? Museum everyday of the week - yes I'm a major nerd : ))) Work in IT ... Really don't get girly chat but my friends accept m for who I am, eccentric but very loyal ... Happy to have some more mfp friends : )
  • gaynorv
    gaynorv Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Happy with who I am though!
  • MissySchwab
    MissySchwab Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    aspergers here.Dr diagnosed me this year.I knew after my oldest son was diagnosed.With 2 kids on the spetrum and me my house is very friendly.I hate flicky lights,strong smells and loud noises.Weighted blankets are a normal here and a small single person trampoline in the living room .Also love smooth running schedules and our routines
  • papillon71
    Options
    Hi gaynorv and MissySchwab....