1st post- Hello Everyone!

Options
honeymunki
honeymunki Posts: 4 Member
How is everyone doing on their journey? I hope it's okay to join this group even though I had a VSG surgery. I started at 407 lbs, 5'7". My current goal weight is 155, but that is a more flexible thing- it's hard to know until you get close. I no longer have 200 lbs to lose as my current weight is 312, but I'm in this for the long haul like the rest of you guys. The WLS gives me the distinct advantage of being unable to eat a great volume at one time, and also controlling my hunger to an extent, but I am still responsible for making choices about what I eat, and how frequently. I am generalizing here, but I don't believe that people end up 200+ lbs overweight without some emotional eating, and making pretty bad choices about foods and activity level- I know I did. I really struggle with wanting to overeat in times of stress and with getting up and moving! I enjoy workouts once I'm at the gym but it takes an act of God to get me out the door to go there! Today my plan is to do water aerobics at 11 am and it's 10 am and I'm on the couch typing this.
I hope some of the rest of you will respond, I could use the support of others with a long journey to fitness and health ahead!

Replies

• amandacondon
    Options
    Hi my name is amanda. I just joined. I have over 200 lbs to lose, I havent been motivated but the everyday incovenience and limitation of just wanting to do more than I can. Tired of the pain, how long i can do things for and having accomadations made for me or having to think if places have the accomadtions for me. There are many things I have learned along the way that are embarrasing about how to take care of yourself when you are soooo big. No one around me really gets it not even my husband. But I think the shock to my system to do something is my husband commenting that I am losing my mobility which is my worst nightmare. But its like that story about the frog in warm water you slowly keep turning up and he will stay and be boiled to death...thats what this weight gain has been like around 20 lbs of weight gain each year for the last 12 years. I figure each 20 I lose I can get a year back....I just want to stick with it and I am finally learning you cant do it on your own you need support.
  • honeymunki
    honeymunki Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for responding! I know what you mean. I was feeling so trapped in my body, it was like carrying a cage everywhere with me. The cycle of not moving and gaining is hard to break- joining MFP is a great start!