Anyone else planning a home birth?

Options
jhmomofmany
jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
I am due in June with our 8th. Our first four were born in the hospital, the rest have been at home. If all goes well we are hoping for another home delivery. :) Anybody else?

Replies

• AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I wish I could - my first was a planned homebirth turned transfer/csection. My state doesn't allow HBACs or I would, the best part of my birth was the labouring peacefully at home.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am planning a home birth in the next few weeks! I am due April 15th, so anytime after next week!
  • kellykneppergrundy
    kellykneppergrundy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm planning my first home birth in July. My first was a very quick easy hospital birth and I figured I might as well be in the comfort of my own home this time. :)
  • lunajes
    lunajes Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Home birth/water birth planned here! Super excited. My first was in the hospital, all natural. Even my OB at the time said I am a perfect candidate for HB. Soooo, I am all over that. Just on my street alone, we have had 8 successful home births. Amazing!
  • Erinthebodo
    Erinthebodo Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am doing a home birth also which is an SO excited about :) My first was a healthy, quick, natural hospital birth and I left hours after having him so it only made sense for me to do a home birth this time. I could not be happeir with my choice and I am excited to see others too!
  • nika2626
    nika2626 Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes! I am so excited. My first was a hospital birth. I was induced unnecessarily and after that experience decided I never wanted to have a baby in a hospital again if I could help it. My second was supposed to be at home but I ended up having to have her at the hospital due to being GBS+. I had been on oral antibiotics but since we hadn't gotten the results back from the second test my midwife insisted on going to the hospital anyway. This time I'm hoping the third time's the charm and we'll get to stay home!!! Especially since this is our last. Good luck to all you other home birth mammas!
  • Caguppie
    Caguppie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm planning a HB/water birth also. I feel like I have some things going against me, though. 'Advanced maternal age', overweight & first time mom. My midwife isn't concerned, though. I sure hope we all get what we are hoping for!
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    How are the other home birth mamas doing? Here is my birth story!

I had been having crampy contractions for a couple of weeks, so I was just waiting for those contractions to turn into something real! My EDD was anywhere from the 15th to the 17th depending on which ultrasound that you went with, so when both of those days came and went, I started to get cranky. On Friday the 19th, I took the kids to the babysitter so I could have some down time with my hubby and make sure that my house was clean. I started having cramping around noon, and it stuck around for the afternoon. I kept cleaning and stayed on my feet hoping that this was the real deal. By dinner time, I was breathing and rocking through the waves (my term for contractions) and I text my midwife to let her know what was happening. She called me back and said that she would be over around 8:30, but if anything picked up or changed to give her a call. My midwife, Lisa arrived and shortly after her student midwife, Katelyn arrived as well. We chatted about how I was feeling and they went to my bedroom to ready their supplies. Katelyn checked me and I was 5 cm with a large bag of waters in front of my baby's head. My mother- in- law came to pick up my 2- year old son, and my mom came to hang out with my girls while I labored away. We were having big thunderstorms that nights, so in between the storms, my husband and I went for a walk to help bring on stronger contractions. We came backed soaked and laughing, and have some great pictures of us soaking wet after walking and laboring in the rain.
    As my waves got stronger, I rocked and squatted throughout the night. I labored in the birthing tub while my husband rubbed my back, did nipple stimulation and aromatherapy with my in the bedroom. I was fully dilated by morning, but my bag of water was bulging and the baby's head was not descending. My midwives wanted to break my water, but didn't want to risk a cord prolapse, so while my midwife Lisa manually pushed my belly down during a contraction to lower the baby enough to prevent a prolapsed cord, Katelyn broke my water. They later joked about my "amniotic sac of steel" and everyone got a good laugh when Katelyn was covered head to toe in amniotic fluid! Only seconds after they broke my bag of water, I knew that the baby was ready and literally jumped from my bed to the birth tub. My girls came into the room at that point so they could see their brother's birth, and I got on my knees and hugged my husband as I pushed my baby out in only 4 minutes. I first saw his face under the water, and was amazed that his eyes were open, I pulled him to my chest and he just looked at me for a few seconds before he began to cry. I kept him warm on my chest until the cord stopped pulsating, and then my husband cut the cord. My midwives dried us off and tucked us into bed and he began nursing like a champ. Zachary Levi was born 4/20 at 7:12 am weighing 8 lbs 15 oz and 21 1/4 inches long. I had a beautiful home birth, and was so thankful to have such amazing midwives. Now I am in new baby bliss, and my daughters and son all love their new baby brother!
  • Erinthebodo
    Erinthebodo Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I love this story, thank you for sharing!
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    congrats... amazing story!
  • LauraLouFace
    LauraLouFace Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Beautiful birth story, totally made me tear up! We're planning our first home birth mid-July (my first was born all natural in the birth center, I decided this time I'd just be more comfy at home) and I can't wait! I'm also hoping to catch my own baby =)