Phase 2: What are you eating today?

Options
michellyn
michellyn Posts: 108 Member
Here's what I have planned for tomorrow:

Mushroom and spinach egg white omelet
Turkey bacon and asparagus
Tuna over mixed greens with red onion and red bell pepper, drizzled with balsamic vinegar mixed with Truvia; pepperoncini and a pickle
Deli turkey
Western beef stew

Replies

• irlene
    irlene Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It is funny, most of my meals are the same as yours today. I had the egg white omelet with spinach twice. I couldn't fine the turkey bacon with no sodium nitrates. I'm having tuna for lunch in mixed greens salad. Turkey for my afternoon snake and stew beef and vegetables for dinner. I am also having trouble finding grass fed top round to make jerky. I want to make that jerky.
  • michellyn
    Options
    I ended up changing my omelet to mushroom, onion, and red bell pepper (I don't think I have any fresh spinach). I can't afford organic meat :( I did get the nitrate free lunchmeat (Hormel Naturals) and the nitrate-free turkey bacon (Jones' brand--it was $2.79 for an 8-oz pack, but there was a $1/2 coupon on it, so it's like it cost $2.29). For the rest of my meat, I'm just having to use conventional. I know organic would be better, but I just can't afford it (I need to find a local source to buy 1/4 grassfed cow, like we did two years ago before we moved here).
  • michellyn
    Options
    I'm thinking about throwing in a serving of this lemon/lime sorbet: http://www.eastwestdaily.com/double-sorbets. Too bad I don't have romaine on hand. I guess I'll have to buy some next week so I can try this (I assume you just puree all the ingredients).
  • michellyn
    Options
    Boy, was that turkey bacon satisfying! I don't want to use it up too fast, so I'm eating one portion plus 1 1/2 egg whites (since I'm trying to lose 40).
  • michellyn
    Options
    I was disappointed to see that I ate too much protein at my snack (the app has a glitch on the P2 snacks), but other than that, my day went well.

I made the Southwestern Beef Stew for dinner, but I had forgotten to buy beef stew meat, so I substituted ground beef instead. I don't like really salty foods, so I omitted the salt until the end (2 T just sounded like too much), and my kids don't like spicy foods, so I only put a sprinkle of red pepper flakes in instead of the full half teaspoon. Because of my omissions, it lacked flavor at the end. So I added a little more beef bouillon paste as well as a couple teaspoons of salt and 8 more ounces of green chiles. The result? I really liked it! The kids ate theirs well also (not their favorite, but not one they're resistant to eat, so that's a success in my book :wink:).
  • spicyi
    spicyi Posts: 18
    Options
    This is W1 for me. Today had egg whites cooked in the microwave for breakfast, with sauteed spinach, kale, red onions, and mushrooms in chicken stock. Not too bad except I dumped in too much garlic powder!
    Snacks for today and tomorrow are the Stuffed Mushrooms (pretty yummy!)
    Lunches and Dinners are the Stuffed Peppers (also yummy!)
  • tenagreear
    Options
    I had the turkey bacon and celery for breakfast, egg whites for both snacks and the Southwestern beef and cabbage stew for lunch and dinner. I didn't enjoy not having friut but I am down 2 lbs in 2 days so I :happy: guess it's worth the sacrifice! And I don't care if it is water weight...weight is weight! :)
  • michellyn
    Options
    I know--I'm missing fruit as well. Thankfully, we get it back in another day and a half. I might just get some water with lemon to try to "scratch that itch" tonight.

Here's what I have planned for tomorrow:
    Egg white (3) Turkey bacon (2 oz) (I'm on 1.5 portions), asparagus
    Southwestern Beef and Cabbage Soup
    Chicken sausage, cucumbers, red bell pepper
    Egg whites, maybe another veggie
    Stuffed Mushrooms, spinach
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my day off so I got to sleep in. I normally get up at 4am every day. Yesterday I slept until 9am! I don't normally sleep in that late on my days off. I usually sleep till about 7 or 7:30. So I had the Turkey Bacon and Celery, but I thought that was a snack, so then I also ate the spanish egg white omelete! For lunch I ate the Tuna and cucumber salad and it took me a couple of hours to get through all that tuna! By then it was time for me to start preparing my breakfast and lunch for the next day. Once I was done with that it was time to make dinner! I made the Baked Cinamon Chicken with spinach and that was pretty good. I seemed that all I did yesterday was cook, do dishes, eat, drink water and pee! I'm still the exact same weight, but TOM is here so I'm hoping that's why.
  • michellyn
    Options
    Oops--I just saw that chicken sausage isn't allowed this phase. I think I'll replace it with chicken breast, maybe in the mini crock pot with some mexican spices.
  • its3adi
    its3adi Posts: 5
    Options
    Don't like this phase at all so far, maybe next week will be better. Yesterday forced myself to have an egg and parsley as an omelete, thought I would disguise it better today with mushroom, red onion - and promptly threw it up. Tried forcing myself to eat turkey breast, not liking it, not really a fish fan, not a P2 veggie fan either, I boiled some peas and then realised they weren't on the list so I've spent the day munching on lettuce.

Guess i'll just have to stick to boring steaks and chicken breasts as they're my safest bet. Looking forward to p3 tomorrow!
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I had an eggs with green chiles and onions.

Egg whites for snack 1
    Pork and bell peppers for lunch. (I made the most scrumptious crock pot Pork Loin yesterday)
    Maybe more pork for snack.
    Trying the Cinnamon Mustard Chicken tonight
  • bar6ara
    bar6ara Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lindaw66, that's so funny! I was working on P2 day 1, so spent ages the evening before chopping and preparing all my food for the day. Today, P2 day 2, my day off, I woke late, I've just forced down dry-fried spinach, celery, mushrooms and chopped egg-whites, and I can see the rest of the day going the way you described. The weight loss has stalled this week (week 2) but surely these 2 days will get it moving again?
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Lindaw66, that's so funny! I was working on P2 day 1, so spent ages the evening before chopping and preparing all my food for the day. Today, P2 day 2, my day off, I woke late, I've just forced down dry-fried spinach, celery, mushrooms and chopped egg-whites, and I can see the rest of the day going the way you described. The weight loss has stalled this week (week 2) but surely these 2 days will get it moving again?

My weight loss stalled too, and then really seem to kick in on week 4! Stick with it, it WILL work :)
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to think of P2 as two days of Atkins, perhaps looking at it differently will help my attitude.

Breakfast - egg whites (forgot the veg)
    Snack - 2 boiled egg whites and broccoli
    Lunch - romaine w/ a Jennie O turkey burger
    Snack - 2 boiled egg whites
    Dinner - a hunk of meat and green beans