Random Weigh In (Weight Only) - 5/8 - 5/9 (AM)

Options
Yup, you read it right.... Why? Well, we started with 177 members in this group, we are down to 171. So what does that have to do with anything??? THIS WORKS IF YOU STICK WITH IT AND BRING IT! I hope you guys have read the recent weigh in from 5/5, the results are encouraging!!!!

Post -

1. Your Current Weight (as of this morning) or tomorrow morning is fine
2. The # of total lbs you are down since you started this group.
3. The hardest part so far
4. Your reasons for staying in this group

Replies

• missharleychick
    Options
    1. Your Current Weight (as of this morning) or tomorrow morning is fine: 164
    2. The # of total lbs you are down since you started this group: 5 (tee hee)
    3. The hardest part so far: Avoiding excuses to work out, Im busy (as we all ar).
    4. Your reasons for staying in this group: Because no one judges me here, if I fall off a little I get right back up and continue to do my best and this group encourages me to stay on track.
  • okishkash
    okishkash Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You are right. This works only if you stick with it.
    Here are my stats

1. Your Current Weight (as of this morning) or tomorrow morning is fine: 154
    2. The # of total lbs you are down since you started this group: 3.5
    3. The hardest part so far: Dealing with the shin splint. I want to get back to moving around
    4. Your reasons for staying in this group: When work is stressful I turn into an emotional eater. Having this group to come to everyday keeps me accountable.
  • tinapunch
    tinapunch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sticking with it (like anything) is the key....

1. Your Current Weight (as of this morning) or tomorrow morning is fine: 162.6
    2. The # of total lbs you are down since you started this group: 7
    3. The hardest part so far: Controlling the weekend drinking - LOL
    4. Your reasons for staying in this group: Everyone is encouraging and it keeps me accountable
  • grk_tigris
    grk_tigris Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I apologize for not posting till monday for my weigh-in this week. Went home for Easter (Greek Orthodox).

1. Your Current Weight (as of this morning) or tomorrow morning is fine: 204.2
    2. The # of total lbs you are down since you started this group: 2
    3. The hardest part so far: Avoiding excuses to work out, Im busy and being held up a bit by physical therapy for my leg.
    4. Your reasons for staying in this group: Because no one judges me here, and I can get the encouragement I need.
  • jlynn_19
    jlynn_19 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    1. Your Current Weight (as of this morning):189.8 lbs.
    2. The # of total lbs you are down since you started this group: 7.6 lbs.
    3. The hardest part so far: Not being able to exercise or go for a walk (severe back and foot problem)
    4. Your reasons for staying in this group: For the support and encouragement.
  • rde8jr
    rde8jr Posts: 34
    Options
    4/21/13 I was 178 now at 172

6 lb. but considering the issues I have I am happy to still be losing. Seeing Chiropracter 3x a week for back issues.

finding time to exercise and finding exercises that don't hurt me

Motivation is the reason I stay it keeps me focused
  • sgouti1
    sgouti1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    1. Your Current Weight (as of this morning): 195.6 (up .6 since Sunday)
    2. The # of total lbs you are down since you started this group: 5.4
    3. The hardest part so far:
    - not drinking when going out (it definitely makes me stall out, or worse, gain!)
    - trying not to obsess over the # on the scale
    - not coming up with excuses for skipping work outs
    - great support
    - motiviation to stick with it from seeing others' successes!
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Current Weight: 179
    # down since starting group: 1.2
    Hardest Part: Watching the scale go down and then up and up again! I'm feeling better, but the number isn't reflected on the scale. Recently upped my calories and I'm waiting for my metabolism to kick it up a notch.

Reasons for staying in the group: I need the accountability!
  • missharleychick
    Options
    Sticking with it (like anything) is the key....

1. Your Current Weight (as of this morning) or tomorrow morning is fine: 162.6
    2. The # of total lbs you are down since you started this group: 7
    3. The hardest part so far: Controlling the weekend drinking - LOL
    4. Your reasons for staying in this group: Everyone is encouraging and it keeps me accountable

7 lbs!!! WOW, way to go!!! Good Job... and I totally understand about weekends lol!
  • missharleychick
    Options
    1. Your Current Weight (as of this morning): 195.6 (up .6 since Sunday)
    2. The # of total lbs you are down since you started this group: 5.4
    3. The hardest part so far:
    - not drinking when going out (it definitely makes me stall out, or worse, gain!)
    - trying not to obsess over the # on the scale
    - not coming up with excuses for skipping work outs
    - great support
    - motiviation to stick with it from seeing others' successes!

5.4 lbs!!! Way to go!!!!
  • missharleychick
    Options
    I apologize for not posting till monday for my weigh-in this week. Went home for Easter (Greek Orthodox).

1. Your Current Weight (as of this morning) or tomorrow morning is fine: 204.2
    2. The # of total lbs you are down since you started this group: 2
    3. The hardest part so far: Avoiding excuses to work out, Im busy and being held up a bit by physical therapy for my leg.
    4. Your reasons for staying in this group: Because no one judges me here, and I can get the encouragement I need.

2lbs is worth it...keep going, doing give up!! Keep with it!!!
  • crystalball24
    Options
    1. Your Current Weight (as of this morning) or tomorrow morning is fine: 153.6

2. The # of total lbs you are down since you started this group: 1.4

3. The hardest part so far: Not staying focused on the weekend, eating and drinking what I want. The easy part is exercising for me cause I ride my bike to work and hike with the dogs, I'm an active person.

4. Your reasons for staying in this group: Because seeing people succeed makes me want to log in next time to show that I have finally succeeded (crossing my fingers I loose more this week!)
  • junkintrunk5
    junkintrunk5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yup, you read it right.... Why? Well, we started with 177 members in this group, we are down to 171. So what does that have to do with anything??? THIS WORKS IF YOU STICK WITH IT AND BRING IT! I hope you guys have read the recent weigh in from 5/5, the results are encouraging!!!!

Post -

1. Your Current Weight (as of this morning) or tomorrow morning is fine
    2. The # of total lbs you are down since you started this group.
    3. The hardest part so far
    [/quote

1. Current weight: 173
    2. Down # lbs: -3
    3. Hardes part so far: I'm either wonderful with my diet, or exercising like I should......I'm not consistant with both together, which is what I'm working on! I love the support of this group!!
    4. Seems like there are some really cool people who are motivated to staying focused and dedicated.....I like that!]
  • Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    1. Your Current Weight (as of this morning) or tomorrow morning is fine: 139
    2. The # of total lbs you are down since you started this group: 4 lbs
    3. The hardest part so far: Controlling my sweet tooth as I tend to give in during weekends.
    4. Your reasons for staying in this group: Everyone is really motivated here which encourages me to do my best.
  • tameekag
    tameekag Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    1. Your Current Weight (as of this morning 5/9) - 209
    2. The # of total lbs you are down since you started this group 4.
    3. The hardest part so far - I'm not sure. Maybe logging my meals on weekends and taking progress pics.
    4. Your reasons for staying in this group: I love the support and extra focus. I also love seeing everyone else's progress (the good and the challenges). We all have challenges and this is a nice support system for helping us stay motivated. I also like that this group has a goal with an end date.
  • LBinSF
    LBinSF Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good idea to keep this in mind...

1. Your Current Weight (as of this morning) - is 183
    2. The # of total lbs you are down since you started this group - 3 pounds lost in 3 weeks (down from 186 on week 1; & down from 260 a year ago).
    3. The hardest part so far: I've been eating out a lot and meeting friends for drinks, going away parties, etc. It's a ton of sugar and useless calories. It caused my original 4 pound weight loss to back-track a bit.
    4. Your reasons for staying in this group: I like reading everyone's posts, successes and challenges. It makes me feel like I'm not alone in trying to lose weight - which I was before discovering MFP.
  • mamakeke22
    mamakeke22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    weighed in tis morning at 205.6 which is +.04 pounds since last weigh in. But im down 2.2 pounds since the beginning.
    the hardest part of this challengeis seeing the number go up and down the same 2 or3 pounds.why im staying is this group is because it keeps me motivated and on track.
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I can't do this random weigh in...my scale hasn't arrived :(
  • nicolie81587
    nicolie81587 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I no longer have a access to a desktop computer during the week so that's why I have slowed down posting.

Sw: 173
    Sunday: 168.4 (I think)
    This morning: 166.8
  • southernpawsc
    Options
    On April 22, I replied that I was 218. Yesterday and this morning, I weighted 215.4.

The hardest part is dealing my own demons...... I hit a "I'm worthless, so it doesn't matter" funk for several days that I hope I'm coming out of.

I stay b'c if I leave, I know there is no hope of me continuing even if I'm not participating as much as I should be.