Chris Powell's Choose More, Lose More for Life

Options
justjenny
justjenny Posts: 529 Member
I bought it on Tuesday. Did anyone else pick it up? Anyone thinking of trying a different cycle?

Replies

• babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I just got my copy in the mail today! I just did a quick read through... and decided to switch things up starting monday! The thing that has frustrated me a whole lot is that I just have not had enough energy to complete the exercise that I have WANTED to do, while following the classic cycle.

Sooooo... I am going to follow the Fit Cycle (HC HC LC HC HC LC funday) for at least a month. If, when I look at the week and realize that exercise will be more difficult to get in (being too busy), I will do a Turbo week instead. I think this will be the changes I will need in order to meet my fitness goals.

I'm actually quite excited about this. I can't wait!

As an asside, the recipes look great, and the overall layout of the book seems to be much more cohesive than the origional CTL book. Tonight was just a skim read... I'll begin to read it more carefully as I have the time.
  • babeinthemoon
    Options
    Hey... On Chris's blog, he posted some of the new recipes!!! Check it out here: http://chrispowell.com/food/
  • justjenny
    Options
    Great! Thanks! I am starting the Turbo this week....
  • yve610
    yve610 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone... I just purchased the book on my iPad and I'm starting tomorrow (turbo cycle). If anyone has any snack ideas - would be great. I didn't read any in the book? Or maybe I just skipped through that part???
  • babeinthemoon
    Options
    I've posted A LOT of helpful info in the stickies of this discussion group. :) I hope that helps for now. :) I'm trying to get back on track myself. I'm looking forward to it, really, I am! :)
  • babeinthemoon
    Options
    Hi everyone... I just purchased the book on my iPad and I'm starting tomorrow (turbo cycle). If anyone has any snack ideas - would be great. I didn't read any in the book? Or maybe I just skipped through that part???

Oh, and one more thing. Chris advocates eating 5 meals that are roughly equal in size. So... therefore you won't be eating "snacks"... meaning a small meal... it will just be a meal at a "snack time." Hope this helped too. :)
  • yve610
    Options
    Thanks - that helps! I was wondering where the snacks section was and couldn't find it. No wonder!
  • yve610
    Options
    Hmm... stupid question, but where is the "stickies" section of the group?
  • babeinthemoon
    Options
    On the Discussion board page, anything with a pushpin is a "sticky" http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3335-chris-powell-s-choose-to-lose

And, no question is a stupid question... unless it was just answered 5 minutes ago and you didn't bother to read it. :laugh: :blushing: :laugh:
  • Circapaleo
    Circapaleo Posts: 114
    Options
    Hey all,

I have his first book, but haven't gotten the new one, yet. I have a friend who is going to start CTL and is wondering which book to get, or both. So, for those who have read or perused the new book, is it comprehensive enough for a complete newbie to the diet, or is a continuation of the first book, where a newbie would need to read the first?

Thanks! :)
  • Deanna_garnermommy
    Deanna_garnermommy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Do you think it's better to buy his new book, will it give me more options? I am looking to lose my final 10 lbs. I work out 6 days per week, so have to do a little more calories or i will pass out from being so hungry lol
  • justjenny
    Options
    Hey all,

I have his first book, but haven't gotten the new one, yet. I have a friend who is going to start CTL and is wondering which book to get, or both. So, for those who have read or perused the new book, is it comprehensive enough for a complete newbie to the diet, or is a continuation of the first book, where a newbie would need to read the first?

Thanks! :)

Chris refers to CTL in this book, so personally I think it's a nice addition to the original. If this is your friends first time with cycling, I would refer your friend to the original first...then if they want to switch things up, this is the book. But the original book spells it out a little better. In my opinion...
  • Circapaleo
    Circapaleo Posts: 114
    Options
    Thank you Jenny! That's what I needed to know. :)
  • iamfitcat
    iamfitcat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am starting TOMORROW! :)

I am going to do the Turbo cycle. I am all prepared, I have everything marked out in the book! Ready!

Anybody doing a fresh start? Please join me!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just reading this one now to see if I can make more useful sense out of it, the first one came across like.. well I do this with all these people so here's how you do it, but we didn't have the time with him personally to get through it, this one is looking 1) more customizable, 2) more adaptable and 3) easier to follow, going to give it a go with vacation coming up soon.
  • acahane
    acahane Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have been on the classic cycle of the CTL for the last 3 weeks, just entered wk 4. Afetr a rocky start we are getting used to it. I live in Milton Keynes, UK and it's nice to chat with others doing the CTL
  • robston
    robston Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I should be getting the newest book today.. I'm really excited to start! Please add me as I would really love the input interaction n ideas from others doing th plan????