Hello I'm new to group again

Options
Hello everyone, My name is Charisse and I am joining again. I started in August 2012, but I immediately begin to experience serious warfare the minute I made the decision to lose the weight. I currently desire to lose 140-145 pounds and I covenant your prayer support. would love to hear from some of you who have already over come this "overweight" obstacle or at least have begun to looking forward to sharing in this journey with you all. :happy: :happy: :happy: Thanks.

Replies

• cjojmom
    cjojmom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can add me as a friend. There are some wonderful godly women here who are so encouraging and supportive. We can do this! the devil wants to mess with you because he doesn't want you to honor God with your body that He blessed you with. Don't listen to that liar! God's strength in in our weakness. We serve a mighty God!
  • iwantmylifeback2
    iwantmylifeback2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that encouraging word. God has been so faithful. I have lost 19 pounds so far. Glory to God. Thinking of doing new weight watchers 360 program. currently doing local program that is low carb and super restrictive. Please pray with me for wisdom. Have a great week. Smiley
  • angel_bear60
    angel_bear60 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name's Kandy and have just joined the group. I'm 52 and just met the Lord in 2010 and was baptized 10/31/10. I'm so glad to find a group like this. I've been married 28 yrs next month, have 2 grown children- charlotte (26) and allen (25) and am a new grandma to Silas. So glad to meet all of you
  • ddtph_hayes
    ddtph_hayes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Im completely new to the group. i'm struggling with my family resisting the changes i'm trying to make to the family's eating habits. i need help in staying strong and keep making changes to my diet at least without getting discouraged.
  • ddtph_hayes
    ddtph_hayes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm Dawn
    I have been married 17 years and a mom to three, twins that are 13 and a 7yr old. As most people can teill you Im not the best housekeeper. It is hard to keep a house clean when there are five people making messes. I'm trying to change that. Im committing to clean house for one hour a day. I'm thinking that this will serve several purposes, get me moving, to honor my husband and my God. What is one of your goals?
  • carrieallen16
    carrieallen16 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, If you would like to Add me to your friends list that would be ok!! I am a mother of 5 children I have twins that are 5 going on 6 I have a seven year old and a 8 year old and a 16 year old step son. I thought I had no time to be healthy my heaviest weight was 240 lbs nobody told me I was over weight and I didn't have time to look in the mirror. Well one of my little twins looked at me one day and said mommy you are getting fat... I thought to myself should I tell him that's not nice to say or what... Well that night I looked in the mirror and I saw what I was becoming, at that moment I felt I needed to go through a change and I didn't know how to do that change.. Well went to the doctor and he said you want to lose weight I said well ya. I asked if they had a miracle pill lol He told me know the only way to lose weight is to start putting yourself first. So I started getting up at 5:00 am to do an hour workout at the fitness Club, I also started to watch what I was eating, and what I wasn't eating. Well I am still on my journey... But I can say I am half way home, and if it wasn't for the good Lord then I would have gave up and went back to my old habits. I give him all the credit. Just give it all to the Lord he will answer your calls and tell you what needs to be done in your life to get your body healthy and your mind healthy!!!!
  • brogan1384
    brogan1384 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can add me as a friend. My name is Brogan. I am a born again Christian who is learning to trust God with food and control over it and control of all her life. I am new here to fitness pal also. Let's encourage each other on our journey.

Prayers-
    Brogan