My Cat Sounds Like Darth Vader

Options
hellokathy
hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
I'm not kidding. Or maybe like a cross between Darth Vader and a pug.

I took her to the vet recently to have her spayed and while she was there, they did a check up. Apparently, she's fine all over and she doesn't seem to be sick, either. No snotty nose, no extensive sleepy times (well, beyond the shocking amounts of sleep cats get anyway), no lack of appetite (helllll no, definitely no lack there!).

Still...should I be worried and get a second opinion from another vet? Or do some cats just sound like that? It's worst when she's sleeping (I assume she's snoring) but her breathing is audible pretty much all the time.

By the way, she's a German Rex, no Persian or another breed with a flat nose.

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Is she overweight at all?

I have 2 overweight mogs and they both sound like Darth! If she's not overweight and its a recent development then I would seek another opinion but if shes always sounded like that then I'd be happy enough with the vets opinion for now
  • hellokathy
    Options
    Thank you! No, she's not overweight at all, much the opposite. I think it got a little worse but she's always sounded like that. So it's probably nothing and I'm just being paranoid. :)
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I believe in trusting your instincts. If you think its got worse then seek a second opinion.
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My cats sometimes sort of sound like this when they sleep on their back.
  • hellokathy
    Options
    Haha, aww, my cats rarely do that but I find it so cute. Mine just snore no matter where or how they sleep. :)