Body Beast or Les Mills Pump??

Options
kinman23
kinman23 Posts: 13 Member
Would love thoughts on these two programs. I love to lift and have not tried either one. Wondering which one I should do next. Just finished ChaLean Extreme.

Replies

• dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Copied and pasted from another reply I left:

There is a HUGE difference in the two. I have completed Pump and I'm on Day 51 of Beast right now.

LMP is low weights, high reps set to music. (In one 55 minute routine, you do over 800 reps) The trainers are fun, upbeat and cheer you on. If you purchase the set, you have everything you need to complete the 90 days. You get the feeling it is geared more towards women, but men do the course too. I did it as an intro to weights since I had never done any lifting before.

Body Beast, although it is geared towards men, I know many women doing the program. But, the trainers are three guys lifting big weights for smaller reps (15, 12, 8) The gear is the big thing with Beast. You need a weight bench or stability ball. You need a good selection of dumbbells, some type of bar (straight or EZ curl) with weight plates and a chin up bar or resistance bands with door attachment. The Beast is an awesome program if you have the gear for it.

Hope this helps some.
    **Dale**
  • lapocienta
    lapocienta Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I think dalehall64 gave you a great description of the two, so I'm just going to focus on the "emotional" side.

I can't say anything about Body Beast because I haven't tried it but LMP is awesome. If I had to describe it in one word, I would say FUN... and that comes from someone who hates exercising. I don't enjoy working out, I just do it. But I love this program. The music is great and the trainers are wonderful.
  • jakesfitness
    jakesfitness Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i just finished my first round of Body Beast 2 days ago, and i cant wait to get started on round two. Sagi(the trainer) is all about getting big and moving huge weight. I personally loved this program. and gained an inch and a half in my arms, an inch in my legs, and dropped 1.5 - 2% body fat by the end of the program. The nutrition guide is very in depth and honestly takes a little getting used to. But this program really helped me put on some muscle and the amount of weight i can lift is dramatically higher that before.