bland food experiment...

Options
BuffyEat2Live
BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
I'm really bad at listening to my hunger signals, especially when eating my favorite foods (which are mostly very rich tasting). I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to experiment with focusing ONLY on listening to hunger signals for a bit.

So I'm going to try for a meal or two a day to make my food bland, just so that I will focus solely on the hunger signals... because I'm having a really hard time stopping when satisfied on my favorite foods.

This does kind of fly in the face of IE, which is all about eating whatever you want, but for me I think it will be a good idea. For example, I had oatmeal this morning with no sugar or sweetener, and for lunch I'm having beans, rice, and veggies without any EVOO or salt (which is usually how I prepare them).

I will let you know how the experiment goes! I think that by switching to bland food for some meals, it will help me to truly learn the "art" of stopping when satisfied.

Replies

• mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Interesting! I'm feeling a bit out if control after this weekend as well. Back to logging for a few days for me and attempting to give myself the foods that are nourishing!