TF and knees

Options
Momieof2girls
Momieof2girls Posts: 79 Member
I just started TF this week and have 1 knee with a old old injury and the other has had surgery on. I am wearing knee braces, but wondering if anyone else on here has done tf who has "bad" knees?

Replies

• actiontime26
    actiontime26 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have a weaker knee. Usually, I tried not to jump too much. My knee is pretty fine after 9 week of TF. But, you can follow Allie, she does the low impact version of the routine.
  • my1focus
    my1focus Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i was worried about this too. glad to hear that knees may improve after keeping at it
  • kelsiekae
    kelsiekae Posts: 65
    Options
    I have weak knees too and I was super nervous going in to the workouts. I LOVE TurboFire, so I was really worried I'd have to give it up because of my knees. But I've noticed, as long as I follow Allie for the really intense jumping moves and things like that, I've been fine. Maybe a little soreness, but I've actually had worse pain from running or doing the elliptical. If you're worried, just follow the low-impact moves. They're still an amazing workout!
  • parnyparn
    parnyparn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I wear a knee brace on each of my knees due to having an old knee injury when i was on my school track team and then the other knee over compensated for the bad knee for years so it became week. I am on my final day of week 12 and loving it.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I had surgery on my right knee 3 months before starting TF and arthritis in both. I avoid the jumping, but I make sure I keep up the intensity. I also wear knee brace on both knees and ice them down when I'm finished. I also make sure I do Stretch 10 after each workout
  • Momieof2girls
    Momieof2girls Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Awesome guys thanks so much! On week 2 and holding strong!
  • thenapony
    thenapony Posts: 12
    Options
    I don't have a knee injury but I have an ankle injury. My doctor said it was on the verge of being a stress fracture (this is before Turbo Fire) and he told me to stay off of it for a while, but it hasn't ever healed. So I just do the low-impact version but I find myself getting carried away sometimes and I have to reel myself in. My ankle still hurts but I push through the pain. Probably not a good idea, but I can't give up my Turbo Fire! Did the Fire 55 EZ workout this morning. :) Good luck!