Emotional Mother's day for me.

Options
So today was mother's day, and at church it was a baby dedication. We have been trying to conceive for a year now and it took a toll on me emotionally today. I was not diagnosed until 4 months ago, my entire family is extremely fertal (Several opses and most not having to really try). So needless to say I didn't think it would take so long for me to get pregnant and then I was diagnosed. Seeing the baby dedications and knowing that some of the babies who were dedicated the family was trying the same time as us and they already have their babies. We really thought that if we didn't have a baby by this mother's day there would be one coming soon, so it's just really emotional, and don't really have many people to talk to about it, my husband doesn't like it when I get sad about things like this, my mom doesn't really understand the emotional toll (and I didn't want to bother her with it today, and other's in my family don't understand why it would be so emotional on me so really feeling like I can't feel what I feel.

just needed to talk to someone who I know understands how I feel.

Replies

• gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It can be very difficult for others to understand the pain associated with infertility. This is especially true for people who have never had to experience it first hand. Men are different too. It is not the same for them usually.

I am sorry that today was difficult for you.
  • happierandstronger
    Options
    Sorry that you have had a difficult moment. Don't give up hope though, it will happen for you.
  • JesChernosky
    JesChernosky Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I completely understand! I hid in my house all day and tried to avoid facebook, which is very unusual for me. My mom had three kids before she was 23. She was super fertile, but she had many difficulties her whole life with her cycle. All my cousins, aunts, pretty much every one in my family, have kids easily. I am the most motherly of them all yet there is no baby for me. Most of my cousins and siblings never even wanted kids and they have them. I have my dogs, but every mother's day, especially this one for some reason, hit me especially hard. I can totally relate to you. Anytime you want to talk message me on here. Or, if you're on facebook, find me! We can im or talk on there.

Jes Chernosky
  • WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    Thanks just needed to hear from someone who understands my feeiling. I really appretite it.

Lady Dragonfl same goes for you.

Stacy Agness
  • AshNoel85
    AshNoel85 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I can completely get with this subject. There was a Mother/Daughter Tea at my church on Saturday and i was on the committee. I have a FABULOUS mother!!! But they were also celebrating about the wonderful relationship with your children and how being a mother is so wonderful but trying. We did a "skit" of sorts, more like a small speech about our topics. One lady was Mary the Mother of Jesus, One lady was Mother Teresa, One lady was a Present day mother, and I was told to be "the mother of the future". It was very emotional because i am not sure i will get a change to have kids. So having to talk to a room full of ladies about "being a mother of the future" was hard!! I bawled!! I changed it to WOMAN of the future and basically said No matter if i get to have a child of my own either through natural birth, adoption or foster care I can make a difference in a child's life by being a positive influence. You do not have to be a mother to have a "motherly spirit". Not all Mothers who have kids appreciate the fact they can have children
    I also had a rough day yesterday. I am the oldest of 5 kids. I have siblings who have children. I LOVE being an aunt!! And i would not trade it for the world, but it does not make me any less sad. God has a plan for us. Its hard to sit back and let him have control, but we must have faith!!!
    I hope you feel a little better today. I will definitely say a prayer for you!!

Hugs

Ashley
  • WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    I can completely get with this subject. There was a Mother/Daughter Tea at my church on Saturday and i was on the committee. I have a FABULOUS mother!!! But they were also celebrating about the wonderful relationship with your children and how being a mother is so wonderful but trying. We did a "skit" of sorts, more like a small speech about our topics. One lady was Mary the Mother of Jesus, One lady was Mother Teresa, One lady was a Present day mother, and I was told to be "the mother of the future". It was very emotional because i am not sure i will get a change to have kids. So having to talk to a room full of ladies about "being a mother of the future" was hard!! I bawled!! I changed it to WOMAN of the future and basically said No matter if i get to have a child of my own either through natural birth, adoption or foster care I can make a difference in a child's life by being a positive influence. You do not have to be a mother to have a "motherly spirit". Not all Mothers who have kids appreciate the fact they can have children
    I also had a rough day yesterday. I am the oldest of 5 kids. I have siblings who have children. I LOVE being an aunt!! And i would not trade it for the world, but it does not make me any less sad. God has a plan for us. Its hard to sit back and let him have control, but we must have faith!!!
    I hope you feel a little better today. I will definitely say a prayer for you!!

Hugs

Ashley

I admire your strength. Most days I am able to stay strong and lean on God and rely that everything will turn out as it should. But Mother's day I just couldn't stay strong it was too hard.

I'm sorry that you were faced with having to be mother's past my husband didn't like that one of his friends had posted something on my board saying praying for all those women who are struggling with Infertility this monther's day but to me it was comforting that someone recognized that it would be hard for us.

You are right sometimes it is so hard to let God stay in control it takes practice every single day.

Thank you so much Ashley!

Stacy
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I struggled with what to write on here but I wanted to respond anyway. We have a daughter and we have been TTC another one but sixteen months in and no luck, despite the fact that my cycles are now completely regular. Sometimes I think it's just not meant to be. I just turned 35 and have a six year old. This is not the way I pictured things would be.

I got emotional on Sunday thinking about how when I was younger (about 16) I went to the OBGYN or irregular cycles. She told me I weighed too much and that was why. I told her to get lost and got a new OBGYN. I am blessed to have a fantastic family doctor whose wife has also struggled with PCOS or something similar so he is very sympathetic.

Anyway, I was thinking about how if I had just been told when I was 16 that I had PCOS things would've been so much different. I wouldn't be figuring things out at 35, when I'm already thinking I might be too old to start over again with another baby. It's a struggle everyday for me.

I wish you all the best. Send me a FR if interested.
  • AshNoel85
    AshNoel85 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    One thing i do have to say is, we may not know each other but through here, but we are in it together! No one has to do this alone. We are all different and have different issues, but we, united know how difficult this is. We can all be here for each other and support one another. Being new to PCOS or a seasoned veteran we can all learn from one another. I pray for each and everyone one of you ladies! You have all been such a tremendous support to me and i hope i can be the same for you someday! We can do this!!

Hugs to all!!

Ashley
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    This may not help, but whenever I find myself becoming emotional when hearing news of other people having children I remind myself that their joy is independent from my struggle with infertility. I try my best to share in their joy and I find it really helps me overcome my negative feelings. It can be a struggle to do, but working at not letting it get to me has helped immensely. Even if I just start by faking it I find I eventually fake myself out and lose a lot of the negative feelings I was previously having.