Maxi Dresses for Tall Ladies

Options
badgalmari
badgalmari Posts: 22 Member
Does anyone know where I can find maxi dresses for tall ladies in (Juniors, misses, or women's sizes)? Im sooo tired of buying the regular length maxi dresses because the hem always stops 3-4 inches above my ankle because of my butt, hips, and height. And that's not cute because it makes me look flooded. LOL! Does anyone else have the same problem with this or is it just me?

Replies

• kaperlinger
    kaperlinger Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I have this problem too!! I looked high and low for just a maxi skirt the other day and could find nothing. Last season I did find some at Kohl's. Surprisingly cute and they were long enough. If you have any luck let us know. Those dresses were 30 lbs ago so not gonna happen this summer.
  • RebMW
    RebMW Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Long Elegant Legs usually has some maxi dresses and skirts.
  • badgalmari
    Options
    @kaperlinger I'll definitely try Kohl's website and see if they have any. @RebMW thnx for the suggestion. I really appreciate it.

I'll definitely let you all know if I find anything else.
  • Tammi623
    Tammi623 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have to same problem! The only place that i have found so far for long dresses would be NY & Co.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Next and long tall Sally both do them
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I buy mine at Long Tall Sally.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Old Navy Online sells ladies talls
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Here are some sites that do some really nice ones- they are UK based but deliver globally:

Very.com- Tall (Goes up to UK size 24- US 20/22)

Next- Tall (Goes Up to UK 18- US 14/16)

Longtallsally (Goes Up to UK 24- US 20/22)

New Look- Tall (Goes Up to UK 18- US 14/16)

Dorothy Perkins- Tall (Goes up to UK 22- US 18/20)

Top Shop- Tall (Goes up to UK 16- US 12/14)
  • fabfindz05
    fabfindz05 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have one from the GAP and one from Old Navy. Both are long enough to wear with a heel. I'm 5'11".
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I bought an plain maxi dress from H&M a couple of years ago that was really long and very flattering actually, think they still do them
  • badgalmari
    Options
    Thnx everyone! I appreciate all of your help.
  • Mommyjenlynn
    Mommyjenlynn Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just bought this one from Old Navy in Good Night Nora and Navy Blue Print:

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=41738&vid=2&pid=524690052

I paired it with this sweater in Good Night Nora:

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=41733&vid=2&pid=387729092

It is adorable on!!! I am 5'10 and it comes to the top of my feet. I am planning on getting family pictures done in the Good Night Nora dress.
  • labeachgirl
    labeachgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I wore this black coverup/dress from Target out and about, and it reached all the way to the top of my feet (I'm 5'11), it was cute and comfy

http://www.target.com/p/xhilaration-junior-s-ruffle-tube-maxi-swim-coverup-dress-assorted-colors/-/A-14233381#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • sarahbeatryan
    sarahbeatryan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to the site, and I am so glad that I saw this group! I have not heard of most of these sites but I feel my pinterest board getting fuller already! :) Thanks for all the info!!!
  • joyjay4fun
    joyjay4fun Posts: 160
    Options
    Good info, thanks ladies.
  • headyo
    headyo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I randomly found a long skirt that actually hit the tops of my feet at TJMaxx this weekend. To be honest, I'm not positive that it's NOT a dress, but I'm going to wear that stretchy band around my waist and work it! The moral of the story is: Just keep searching! You never know where you'll find something awesome!