Level 2

Options
thistimesucess
thistimesucess Posts: 169 Member
I moved on to level 2 today. Level 2 is the big scary monster for me - last time it got the better of me and I quit. This time I'm not giving up! What does everyone else think of level 2?

Replies

• LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Day one Level 2 for me...This is where I quit usually two after a couple of days so I put my swim suit in the room in front of me lol while I"m doing it, hopefully it will keep me going..

But gosh I feel like I'm dying right now.
  • celtic0ne
    celtic0ne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I did Day 10 and Day 11 today since I slacked off yesterday and didn't finish Level 1! It's tough :)
  • biddleboom
    biddleboom Posts: 8
    Options
    Level 2 is HARD for me! So much upper body work! Sticking it out though, and feeling stronger everyday! I'm only on day 14 but my husband already pointed out that my jeans are loose and that he can see my hipbones, so that's great motivation even though my weight loss has stalled a bit.
  • celtic0ne
    Options
    Level 2 - Day 2 Complete!
  • thistimesucess
    Options
    Last time I did 30ds I quit at this stage as I had really bad back problems - I think from all the plank based moves (my upper body strength is shocking which makes my posture in these terrible). I've noticed the back pain starting again so modifying some of the moves ie instead of plank jacks doing jumping jacks with weights in my hands so I'm still working the upper body with the legs. Hopefully it doesn't make too much difference to the end results,
  • willbeshredded
    Options
    fao thistimesuccess - or anyone else with back pain from shred!

I think I'm in a similar position to you!
    I have zero upper body strength and have had a sore back for the last 5 days. Am pretty convinced it's from the push up's and planks too! I think I was arching my back and putting pressure on it all through Level 1 doing bad pushup's on my knees Hoping to start back tomorrow but nervous about doing damage.

Just wondering if your modifying all the plank moves? There seems to be an awful lot of planks! I'm not sure whether I should be doing basic planks without movement to try and get my arms and core stronger to prevent bad posture and injury in future, or just avoid them altogether!

Any thoughts appreciated
  • groovyreba
    groovyreba Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just started today. Oh my gosh. I believe that Jillian Michaels tried to kill me. :wink:
  • thistimesucess
    Options
    [/quote]

Just wondering if your modifying all the plank moves? There seems to be an awful lot of planks! I'm not sure whether I should be doing basic planks without movement to try and get my arms and core stronger to prevent bad posture and injury in future, or just avoid them altogether!

Any thoughts appreciated
    [/quote]

I'm going to do it depending on the day and how I feel. Yesterday I avoided it all together but I think the idea of doing a basic plank to build up those muscles is good - might do that at the end of each session.
  • celtic0ne
    Options
    Did Day 13 yesterday after doing a 40 minute jog... bad idea! :)
  • hegster23
    hegster23 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just started today. Oh my gosh. I believe that Jillian Michaels tried to kill me. :wink:

^^ That's how I felt during day one of the second level...LOL
    I've never liked planks. They hurt my wrists.
  • willbeshredded
    Options
    "
    I'm going to do it depending on the day and how I feel. Yesterday I avoided it all together but I think the idea of doing a basic plank to build up those muscles is good - might do that at the end of each session."

Thanks - I'll try the same!
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 3 just finished. I'm ok with the cardio and abs but my upper body strength is really lacking. The push-ups in level 1 and planks in level 2 are really hitting that. I'm improving each day which keeps me pressing the play button.
    I've been running a lot before starting the shred. I expected running to have improved my cardio but I didn't expect the abs to be so much more do-able now. It may be the running/weight loss combination but whatever it is ill take it. The scales won't budge though despite a calorie deficits ...shrug
  • 1992sophie
    1992sophie Posts: 9
    Options
    Just done day 3 of level 2 I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT!!! Its so much harder then level 1 :( hoping it starts getting easier in the next few days!!!
  • celtic0ne
    Options
    Did Day 4 of Level 2 yesterday and it still sucks. So many planks!!
  • snorry
    snorry Posts: 9
    Options
    I did day 1 of level 2 last night and OMG it was HORRIBLE!!! I thought after getting pretty good at level 1 that level 2 wouldn't be THAT bad. I honestly felt like I had just started working out all over again. The challenge of being able to actually do all the moves all the way through in 10 days is what will keep me doing it and not wimping out and going back to level 1.
  • szarlotka717
    szarlotka717 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I just did Level 2 for the third time today. I'm definitely sweating more than I did in Level 1, but the time seems to go by faster.

I might have my husband check my form for planks as I've never done them before 30DS, don't want to hurt myself, and don't really think I can check my own form (especially without a mirror).

The military presses kill me, even with my little two-pound weights. I'm hoping I'll be able to use my five-pound weights for some of the exercises in a couple days, but I can't imagine doing military presses with five pound weights any time soon.

I think my arm muscles are getting stronger (they were pretty weak when I started) and my endurance is improving, but I haven't noticed too much external change in my body (didn't take pictures). I gained about 6 pounds the first week, and am still about 3 pounds above my start weight for 30DS (thankfully, now back in the upper end of healthy weight - the first week pushed me over). Based on calorie consumption, I should still be losing, but some extra sodium this month may also be contributing to sabotaging that.
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 of level 2 and I actually kind of like it. The planks are hard, but I manage doing the modified ones. I go nice and slow for those. I'm not 100% sure I'm doing them right, it feels like my butt is in the air. I'm going to have hubby watch tomorrow and see.

Side note - I love that Jillian caught Natalie "cheating" in level 2! lol cracks me up.

eta: Forgot - For the walk out push ups, whatever they are called, where you touch your toes then go down to the plank, I was shocked to find out that I could touch my toes without straining and without bending my knees. I know I couldn't do that before starting 30DS.
  • jodie3134
    jodie3134 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I did Level 2 day 1 this morning... my arms still feel like jello. It was hard to wash my hair in the shower! It did go fast and I liked it, but it was TOUGH!
  • diva099
    diva099 Posts: 42
    Options
    Did Level 2 today, hope my knees can take it.
  • littlelouis
    littlelouis Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just did day 15 today. It gets a lot easier after doing it for a few days. I almost feel like it's easier than level 1, probably because I've gotten more in shape as the days go by. Don't give up, just imagine the satisfaction you'll feel when you've completed the last day!