Hello fellow dancers!

Hi!
Just wanted to introduce myself! It's so nice to have a fitness/weightloss group for belly dancers :smile:
I've been belly dancing for about 6 years and I'm in 2 semi-professional dance groups here in the UK; ASHAY and Heneya.
Although I mainly do classic and tribal fusion belly dance, I've recently started Bollywood, salsa and contemporary (and various fusions of them all!).
I'm also trying to lose about 50 lbs (professional dance costumes are so revealing!)
Does anyone have any weightloss or dancing tips they want to share? Would also love to make new dance and weightloss friends :flowerforyou:

Rachel X

Replies

• missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Hi Rachel nice to meet you. I have no useful tips at the moment, I'm here for the same kinds of reasons as you.
  • RJoy89
    RJoy89 Posts: 3
    cool :happy: what styles do you do? X
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Hi and I love your picture! I have only been dancing about 3 years, but tribal/cabaret and African. I have wonderful teachers!
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    I have taken classes in most belly dance styles, but at the moment I'm doing ATS style (Black Sheep) and really enjoying it.
  • LilithNoor
    LilithNoor Posts: 42
    Welcome to the board!

I dance mainly cabaret, but I dabble in various fusion styles and I love folkloric!