Mission completed.

Options
dragon1ady
dragon1ady Posts: 335 Member
I did it!

Last night I did the very last of the workouts in the 5K app, the 5K itself. I ran almost all the way, naturally I stopped for traffic whenI had to, and towards the end I took a few short breaks for walking, so I didn't do as well as I could have. I did better than I expected to do though, and most importantly, I did it! I finished the 5K!

That's the big thing here. This is literally the first time in my life that I have seen a workout program all the way through to the end and actually completed it. I did it!

I told my husband I now have bragging rights for this. He told me he's proud of me. :blushing:

I'M proud of me! :bigsmile:

And now I need to go update the main app so I can build my new base and get back to the main story. Must outrun the zombies!

Replies

• msuspartan10
    msuspartan10 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That's fantastic!!
  • Liz731982
    Liz731982 Posts: 5
    Options
    That's incredible! Great job. :)
  • sb4480
    sb4480 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great job, congrats!!!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Great job! i hope to be there one day myself. Such and accomplishment and you should be proud.
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Congrats!
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Whoo Hooooooo!! Congrats to you!

Wow, I'm so happy for you! :)
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    Thank you everyone! :flowerforyou:

I'm very excited to run all the missions in the regular app now. I've installed the update, to give myself a shiny new toy as a reward for finishing Z5K, and plan to go back and redo the story missions from where the 5K end.. in other words, S1M2, your first official mission as Runner #5.

I'm looking forward to comparing my time on that mission now to what my time was two ago. :smile:
  • lizpirate
    lizpirate Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!

That first time running 5K is just such an amazing feeling.
  • janeensan
    janeensan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Right On!!!!!

You done GOOD, girl! I'm proud of you!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Little behind, but congratulations! :)
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's a wonderful accomplishment! :bigsmile:

I just did wo 1 of wk 8 last night but it went pretty badly. I guess part of that may have been due to the heat; I live in GA so it get quite hot. I think I may restart the 5k; although most of that will be on a treadmill.
  • nytefalle
    nytefalle Posts: 63
    Options
    I just did wo 1 of wk 8 last night but it went pretty badly. I guess part of that may have been due to the heat; I live in GA so it get quite hot. I think I may restart the 5k; although most of that will be on a treadmill.

I can definitely sympathize over here in Alabama. If I don't get it done by 11am at the latest, I'm not even thinking about going to run until after 6pm unless it's an overcast day.
  • lizpirate
    lizpirate Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    It's shocking to me how much of a difference the heat makes! I do so much better when it's cool.

I missed my run yesterday so I'll be doing W7D2 today...so close to the end!
  • dragon1ady
    Options

I can definitely sympathize over here in Alabama. If I don't get it done by 11am at the latest, I'm not even thinking about going to run until after 6pm unless it's an overcast day.

We're moving into heat season here as well (Idaho). We have dry heat, but it get's pretty unpleasant in the summer months. Since I work full time five days a week I run in the evenings, and often actually wait until the sun is on its way down before heading out.

The other day it was very hot when I went out, to run, and I finally understood the where the phrase "oppressive heat" comes from. I scrapped that run log and redid it on a cooler evening. :tongue:
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Grats! I'm only on week one, so finishing it seems a lifetime away right now. Good for you!
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, can't wait to get there myself :D