Just want to share how excited I am to see this group!

Options
I'm fairly new to MFP and today I was getting so discouraged on the regular message board staring at success stories of tiny 5'2" women that carry their weight so much differently! As a last ditch effort for encouragement I searched for "tall women" and voila, it's like magic. I'm so happy to have found you all! :happy:

I am 6' 3.5" and am 22 years old. Last month I had a doctor's appointment and the lady gasped as I weighed in at 305 pounds. Shortly afterwards my doctor made an extra effort to order labs to test me for diabetes 2 for a second time, I decided that was the LAST time I would let myself be put in that situation. I'm currently 290 and my goal weight is 200. Oh how I would love to see 199 again!

I have PCOS and a metabolic disorder so i'm trying extra hard and giving myself around 1500/day, more when I work out.

Thanks for letting me share! And for anyone that happens to read through all this, thank you! I feel so much less self-conscious here, I just couldn't bring myself to post on the large message board and now I feel like I have something to hold myself to in terms of motivation! :smile: Can't wait to see everyone else's progress!

Replies

• VanillaBone
    VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You can definitely do this!
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I'm 24 & have managed to lose 120 lbs w/ PCOS so it can definitely be done! Feel free to add me, I'd love to support you!
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Hi! I'm 6' and I started at 302 lbs in January 2012. Feel free to add me if you like. : )
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! we started this group back in 2011... and it is a place where we can all relate to one another and be healthy in our mindsets of what is realistic for our body size. Good luck on your journey and you will be successful if you just keep at it... you didnt gain the weight in 2 months, dont expect to lose it that fast either :O) feel free to add me. I am 5'11
  • ajh1014
    ajh1014 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Thanks to Jenn, we like to call ourselves Glamazons. I'm Amy, I'm 6' even and started right about the same place you are. I feel like I'm currently in "stall mode", but manage to log every day. Please feel free to add me as well . . . I love tall friends!!
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Michelle and I'm 6', started at over 300 as well. I've been on my journey since January and am still a work in progress. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • bigbarbie
    bigbarbie Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi. I'm Barbie and I'm 5ft 10.5 ins. I started out at over 340lbs and am hovering around 165 now. Slowly and steadily you can do it. And don't forget to measure yourself as sometimes the inches move when the pounds don't and vice versa. One of the hardest things I fins about losing weight is deciding on a goal weight. I still think I'm too heavy for a woman lol !
    Good luck.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11" and I started out around 215. Currently weigh 168.

I absolutely love to see others eating a decent amount of calories and not torturing themselves with 1200 calories per day!
  • SkyscraperSarah
    SkyscraperSarah Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! So excited to hear from ya'll and hear of your successes!