Madly In Love with Me

Options
jacatkins
jacatkins Posts: 19 Member
Morning all, just an introductory message to invite you all to start believing in yourself. Its amazing what you will be able to achieve. I am starting this because i too need to love myself.. and i dont. I see everything negative, and i truely want to change this. I hope you all join in and begin loving yourself too.
Thanks
Jac:flowerforyou:

Replies

• HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Hi

I love this idea :happy: I really need to do the same, but it's tough. I have started looking at myself in a full length mirror & trying to do the whole positive self talk, it's not easy, but hopefully it'll be worth it :wink:
  • Sandylovesm
    Sandylovesm Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Yes, this group has a wonderful name! For the wonderful people we are (I think I got it!)
  • Shishimoncho
    Options
    Glad to be able to join! We can do this together, gorgeous, skinny and lovable ladies :)
    It's time to leave the negativity behind and put the pink glasses on! Focus on what progress we've made and the fact we did make the first step realizing we need to stop the bad habits and start new healthier life, CUZ WE ARE WORTH IT!
  • eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!! Do you ever look at your self in the mirror and all you have to say is negative comments? Well if you do you need to stop even if you have to be there for a couple of seconds pick out 3 things thats make you beautiful!! your eyes your smile!!! anything!!! lets love ourselfs!!!

I challenge you to every time you see your self in the mirror today say something nice about your self!!! and smile!!!

Friend me if you like!!!! lets encouarge each other!!!
  • Ladyinwaiting4
    Ladyinwaiting4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I love this idea and thanks for starting this group. this is exactly what I need. feel free to friend me also.
  • mama6k
    mama6k Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I need this group. My husband said he has never seen anyone be so unhappy with themselves. He thinks I look amazing and I just see all the things I want to change. I have a 15 month old who I stopped breastfeeding a few months ago so my body is finally mine again after almost 2 years. I have been exercising again and the baby weight is definitely coming off but I still have that negativity come out in me. I now have changed from I wish my body was smaller to wait I don't want certain parts of me to change too much. It seems like no matter what I have a complaint about myself. My husband is constantly telling me how beautiful I am but I can't seem to stop criticizing myself. I hope this group helps me love me no matter what. I feel like I am wasting my life spending so much time concerned with how I look.
  • eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Girl you have done so much to your body having a baby and breast feeding thats alot for your body!!! you are beautiful love who you are and look you have a beautiful baby to show for it!!!! you can do it!!! keep smiling and your hair is awesome!!! just tell your self all the wonderful things about yourself!!!!!
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I am in!!
  • daniellefinlan
    daniellefinlan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love this. I work with all men and I am constantly hearing negative and degrading thoughts on women and their bodies. It can be hurtful at times even though they are not talking about me or trying to offend me. It would be wonderful to be part of a community of positive and motivating women!
  • mama6k
    mama6k Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Girl you have done so much to your body having a baby and breast feeding thats alot for your body!!! you are beautiful love who you are and look you have a beautiful baby to show for it!!!! you can do it!!! keep smiling and your hair is awesome!!! just tell your self all the wonderful things about yourself!!!!!

Thank you so much! I am so glad I found this group! I hope to think more like you someday soon!
  • emmylove86
    emmylove86 Posts: 6
    Options
    I love the idea and name of this group. I have such a negative view of my body, especially when I compare myself to my sister (super tiny and petite). It's great to have a group like this to realize the positives in each other. Looking forward to chatting with you ladies! :)
  • myrealname
    myrealname Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I definitely need this group. I've NEVER been happy with me. I'm really trying to change this self defeating attitude because I realize now how much it's held me back in life. Not only with my weight but with everything.

Feel free to friend me.
  • jacatkins
    jacatkins Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you everyone for joining me on this adventure! We all have areas in our lives that we really dont like.. and unfortunately most of them are about ourselves and the image we have of ourselves.

Its all a simple process... that simple "I am beautiful" that you say to yourself. The more you repeat it to yourself daily, the more that you will believe it!!!

I'm so keen to have eveyrone, including myself, love themselves! Its such a hard task to do, however much you think no i cant... the real answer is Yes You Can!

Thank you again for joining me on this journey :love: :love:
  • imaloverkayla
    Options
    I am so glad I found this group! THANK YOU so much for starting it, this is exactly what women need these days. In a world where we are bombarded with airbrushed images of perfection, we have to learn to love ourselves for exactly what we are and realize that we are all beautiful. I love it! So excited to be here.
  • Shrynkabelle
    Shrynkabelle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, all, you gorgeous people!!!

I think this is a great idea for a group. Today, I think I need it!

Let me explain... I'm constantly told how attractive I am, that I have a great body, that I'm very sexy, and, in some ways, I do feel all of those things. Thank goodness I'm one of those eternally optimistic types.... the trouble is that I had a bit of a reality check this morning.

I joined a gym in March, got a FitBit activity tracker, bought all the exercise dvds and equipment....and also one of those clever, WiFi, digital scales. Well, I began the Brazilian Butt Lift workout program today - honestly, it was really tough. But the worst part was catching sight of myself in the mirror....and comparing myself to those truly, gorgeous, lean, young bodies... and then looking at my very overweight, fat self, red faced and sweating.... and it dawned on me that I've been fooling myself! Big time. Especially as my weight has actually gone up since my 'health and fitness' campaign began in March... and I calculated it today in lbs (I'm in the UK, so use kgs) and I realised I've just tipped the 200lb mark - eeeek!

So, yes, I still love my body, but there really, really needs to be a whole lot less of it! Today, I looked for a new group of people who will be in it for the longer haul, ie, until December, and beyond, if I'm honest. I'm just committing to doing something every day towards my 'even more gorgeous' body goal so that I will truly like the trimmer, toned down version of me!

I can already feel my butt getting sore, even though I couldn't keep up with the first Bum Bum workout, so I'm off to the gym now for my Run, Zombie, Run program, to hopefully fend off the stiffness.....

I can do this, I can do this,.... :-)
  • Ladyinwaiting4
    Ladyinwaiting4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    everyone is welcome to friend me also. I tend to be negative about myself to and developed a unhealthy body image. I have been around a negative enviroment to where that was all I knew. so I want to break that. whenever someone compliments in my mind its always there's some kind of string attached be it money, clothes etc they want from me. in my family compliments were only given if someone wanted to have something of yours. I need to learn to accept compliments which is hard to do.
  • Shishimoncho
    Options
    Soon you will get so many of them you definitely will :) Wait and see
  • egillon0709
    Options
    Thank you so much for starting this group! I have always had horrible self image! Even after I lost 40 lbs and had a tummy tuck, I still feel "not good enough" but I am starting to think in my current mindset nothing will be good enough. I have heard people say that they love themselves even when heavier and I can't fathom that, i don't love myself thin. I am constantly told how beautiful I am and how I don't need to lose weight and I want to get to the point where I believe it!

I always feel "vain" if I think nice things about myself. I'm seeing a therapist and he is trying to get me believing that it isn't vain to love yourself.
  • bugs5697
    bugs5697 Posts: 85
    Options
    I LOVE this idea!!!

Please feel free to add me too!
  • pinksarahjane
    pinksarahjane Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i just found this group sounds great i have a very negative self image so hopefully this group will help