Any mountain bikers?

Vegan_Chick
Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
Hey all, I have been really getting into mountain biking here in Western North Carolina and am addicted to it! I would love to find some MFP pals that are into it as well. We can exchange stories, ideas, recipes, whatever! Please friend me if you are into MTB!

Replies

• Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    I used to mountain bike over the Pennines (UK), so unfit at the moment, but I've got my bike back from the repair dad and am hell bent on getting my fitness back to that same level. I find other forms of riding the bike to be boring, I LOVE the different surfaces, the beautiful scenery and the challenge mountain biking offers. It's just so much better! Luckily I live just off the Derbyshire dales so after breaking me and my bike back in I'm going to head out over those. Till then, I'm lucky to have a park that offers a variety of surfaces to practice on without ever being more than walking distance from home lol

Anyway, feel free to add me.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Right here!!! I love mountain biking. I hit the trails yesterday. I only did 10 miles but it is early season so I am still conditioning my legs and lungs!!

Where in Western NC you ride? My sister lives near Charlotte and I have ridden Poplar Tent, White water center and a few other places. I like riding down there but nothing like WNY...
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Me. I'm in CO. I have zero interest in ever road biking...
  • blodk66
    blodk66 Posts: 60 Member
    I hit the trails yesterday, did 20 miles. Not bad for the start of my season here in Wi. :bigsmile:
  • composite
    composite Posts: 138 Member
    Raises hand. :wink:

I'm based in the UK, ride 6 days a week and generally live on the mountain bike. I'll drop you an add. :smile:
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    *waves* From the Ozarks in Northwest Arkansas.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Checking in. In NY, specifically Long Island.

Been riding the trails a lot lately since Spring is finally showing its face.

Don't know how to post a pic, but I ride a Specialized Stumpjumper Comp Carbon frame with all sorts of components that I have selected with weight and performance in mind.
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Just started biking too and have a serious bug whether its mountain or road, I live in the valleys in South Wales so we have loads of mountains to chose from, off to ride the wall in afan forest next week and can't wait ????road 26 miles yesterday and 54 Sunday x
  • aliciaje
    aliciaje Posts: 83
    I live for mountain biking. I'm in the rockies of Canada. Most of our trails still have snow on them, but they are slowly drying out, the lower elevation ones are good to go.

^Wales sounds awesome for mountain biking, my brother who lives in Cambridge tries to get out there every couple weekends.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    I just converted my wheels over to tubeless!!! I am pretty excited...how many other MTBers are running tubeless? What has your experience been? What PSI are you running?
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    I just converted my wheels over to tubeless!!! I am pretty excited...how many other MTBers are running tubeless? What has your experience been? What PSI are you running?

I love my tubeless tires and usually run them 30-35psi...which some consider high. Any more air than that, and I feel like I'm bouncing off the rocks. If I ride on pavement I like them a little firmer, about 40. I think you'll like em.
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Hi fellow mountain bikers. I ride mountain bikes exclusively, since I don't own a road bike. I would love to travel around and check out other areas, trails...someday :)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Waves. Mtb, road, tandem, touring... All of it.
  • KansasRider
    KansasRider Posts: 76 Member
    Present! Mtn, road, cross and with my kids :-)
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    So Cal MTB checking in. Although I've been Neglecting my girl lately, been spending time with my Road chick. I need to get back on my Mountain mama!
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    You ride in Western NC? Fantastic! Tsali is my favorite place to ride, Right Loop in particular, but I don't get there often anymore. I like the Brevard area too, but I'm riding a hardtail and some of those rocky trails hurt me! I'm hoping to get up to Tsali maybe in June; I'm moving during May and everything is on hold but the move. I'm in NE Georgia so Western NC is just a hop and a skip away. I usually do more road biking in the summer and mountain biking in the cooler months, all on top of a little running and some lifting. Mountain biking was my entrance to exercise many moons ago; it's just so fun I don't even care if it burns calories!
  • TX_Rider
    TX_Rider Posts: 1
    Some awesome mountain biking here in the Austin, TX area. I slacked off riding for quite a while but have been out 3 times in the last week riding the trails.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    You ride in Western NC? Fantastic! Tsali is my favorite place to ride, Right Loop in particular, but I don't get there often anymore. I like the Brevard area too, but I'm riding a hardtail and some of those rocky trails hurt me! I'm hoping to get up to Tsali maybe in June; I'm moving during May and everything is on hold but the move. I'm in NE Georgia so Western NC is just a hop and a skip away. I usually do more road biking in the summer and mountain biking in the cooler months, all on top of a little running and some lifting. Mountain biking was my entrance to exercise many moons ago; it's just so fun I don't even care if it burns calories!

Lots of awesome trails around here. I will be camping/riding at Tsali in June! Can't wait!
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Not in NC, although I know people in Charlotte that ride pretty often.
    Central CA checking in ... lots of dirt around here LOL

I prefer to ride in the dirt (off trail) - but typically have to hit the bike path for certain parts.
    Hope to get some real mtn bike riding in next weekend! :)

Have Trek 8.2 DS - love it. Matter of fact I just bought a new saddle today! Woah what a difference LOL