Let us talk how to lose weight& building muscle

Options
What is a quick way to lose fat and gain muscle?

Replies

• Malvernehomes
    Options
    Today is day 1 of my fitness plan, so take my opinions with a grain of salt. But I have been researching HIT I plan on ordering it for $27 I didn't want to get into a costly system that was beyond my ability but I read that it 20 min of high intensity weight training essentially you push your muscles until they fail and then rest. I read that it is more effective than cardio and takes less time. I went on health status . Com and used the calculator I realized that I would have to bike over 5 hrs a day to lose 1 lb after 7 days. So I am researching the HIT anybody have any experience with hit?
  • nirantaraparivartana
    Options
    I dont know about HIT.
    but yes
    HIIT (HIGH INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING) is very effective for losing weight.
    It keeps on burning calories even hours after doing it (some time even upto 12 hours).
    More over it takes less time than other forms of exercises.
    but the challenge here is to push to your limits.

Many exercises can be done in HIIT form.
    they have to be done in alternate sets at different pace.
    for example RUNNINIG.

Running as fast as you can for 30 seconds.
    and then running at moderate pace for the next 30 seconds

you can start by 5 sets each.

I have done BURPEES, RUNNING, POWER WAKING, MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS, WEIGHT TRAINING AND STAIR CLIMBING in HIIT format.
  • kellieanney
    kellieanney Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am experimenting with starting with a 1/2 hour treadmill or stairclimber, followed by a 1/2 hour weight machines at the gym,hoping for good results!
  • deathknote
    deathknote Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i'm currently also losing my body fat while gaining muscle. I have lost 10 lbs in about 2 weeks. I'm loving the results so far. Right now i do 30 minutes of cardio in the morning. I read that you can burn a additional 20% of body fat if you do cardio in the morning before eating. This is due to the lack of carbs in the tank, forcing the body to use fat as a fuel source. Then at the end of the work day I go to the gym and do about 45 minutes of lifting weights in super sets. Which means i just use one muscle group and then let it rest while exercising another muscle group. I then go back and forth for 10 sets and move on to diffrent exercises that utilize the same muscle groups. After which it is time for a 20 minute HIIT program. 5 minutes of warming up, 15 minutes of sprinting for 30 seconds and resting for 60 seconds, followed by cool down of 5 minutes. Then the day is done. At first this was not working, but then i altered my diet to reduce my carb intake and up my salad intake. After that i have been losing almost a pound a day. The hard part is eating a salad for every meal. But after i eat it i find myself almost full. Which is very confusing, becouse i'm used to going to a chinease buffet and closing that place down. Still trying to get used to eating healthy, which if you ask me is the hardest part.
  • tinabobina91
    Options
    Something I've found pretty successful is making sure to start your day with a protein rich breakfast like an egg white omelette (I start every morning with a protein shake with frozen berries, avocado, spinach, and 1/2 a banana, and skim milk or unsweetened soy milk), and other lean sources of protein and greens or vegetables throughout the day. For dinner I would usually end off with mostly greens and very few carbs as they are used for energy which you don't really need at the end of the day. Since protein builds muscle and muscle increase metabolism and burns fat make sure you get it from lean sources like chicken breast. I'm vegetarian so I opt for beans and tofu and such.
    For working out I like to do a bit of cardio to warm up muscles for about 15mins on the elliptical and then do strength training after because cardio tends to weaken muscles. I prefer to do more heavier cardio after I'm done strength training. I've found that 25% cardio and 75% strength training is what works for me and generally most people too from what I've heard. Too much cardio will def burn fat but it will also give you a skinny flabby appearance. Gains in muscle through strength training give you a leaner look, that's where you get sexy curves from =)
  • tinabobina91
    Options
    A low fat and high protein diet is key. Weight loss is 30% exercise and 70% of what you put into your body since you're only working out for a couple hours max at a time out of 24hrs.
  • savannahj123
    Options
    hey! i just started my fitness pal because i am skiny now but the only thing is that i have noticed a "pooch" or a "small bump" or whatever you call it under my bellybutton, and I'm also vegan and i also take lots of vitamins and such to get enough protein. But it is so hard to get rid of it! does anybody have any excersizes or routines or any diets?... anything!! and in less than 3 weeks, I am going to the beach and i really don't want it still there... but please help me!
    btw i take dance everyday for more than 2 hours. :)
  • deathknote
    deathknote Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Savanah,

Just incase any of your friends tell you to do a thousand crunchies, don't do it. There is absolutely no way to target a certain fat group on the body. Your body will burn all regions of fat at equal rates except for your spare tire region. For some reason, not sure why, but the body burns that part last. So to burn the tire region area you just have to do cardio. Also lifting weights also helps as well. Seeing how lifting weights builds muscle, which actively eats calories all day long in order to stay alive. So if you follow a regimen of lifting weights and cardio, you should be able to reduce that bump. The timeline in which it happens is up to you. Right now i'm eating a rather large portion of vegtables at every meal as well as a side of protein, usually sliced turkey. Combining this diet with regular lifting and cardio is providing me with visible results that i am thouroughly enjoying. Also on a side note, OMEGA-3 fats will help you burn off the OMEGA-6 Fat (ugly fat).
  • DaCrazyRN68
    DaCrazyRN68 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Been running a program by Mark McManus called Total Six Pack Abs (and his program called Total Hypertrophy Training). TSPA is mainly diet. Kind of a modified Keto diet. Less than 100gm carbs. Calculations to maintain protein intake for your lean body mass and then the rest in fat gms. There is exercise information, also, of course. He has a lot of great info, training, etc. His site is https://www.musclehack.com where you will find info on the free THT workout (and a free workout app with all the info in it also). You can check out the TSPA from here...https://b38f41cz4z3sz9e7n4gx-ryj77.hop.clickbank.net/ I started working out again 2 years ago. Dropped 18 pounds, eating the same way as before. Was probably around 32% body fat. Was at 20% in October. Started the THT training in November and then the TSPA I started at the beginning of the year and have dropped another 7.5 lbs and at 16% body fat, 2 weeks ago. Will be having another body composition analysis tomorrow and see where I am at. male, 50 yrs, 5'9" 168lbs