Looking for more MFP buddies!

Options
tanyab222
tanyab222 Posts: 16 Member
Hello,

I've been on here for a while. I'm looking for more buddies that have similar struggles as me though with chronic pain issues (Fibro, possibly RA, everything associated with Fibro). Its wonderful to see so many others being able to workout and really dig their heels into losing weight through proper diet and exercise...but...I can only do mainly the diet part right now!! LOL :laugh: So feel free to add me if your interested! :smile: Look forward to more buddies! :flowerforyou:
Tanya B.

Replies

• OriginalKatie
    OriginalKatie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I need more buddies too! I'll add you :)
  • Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me : )
  • cleighton13
    cleighton13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey Tanya I too have Fibro and possibly AS and while trying to loose weight exercising is difficult at best....am here if you need to chat

carol
  • jlswbes
    jlswbes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Anyone is more than welcome to add me. I have Fibo, CFS and Arthritis to just name a few.
  • morninglory5782
    morninglory5782 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You're all welcome to add me too!
    I have chronic migraines, as well as other ongoing health problems. Over the past 8 months I've had 6 surgeries. I haven't been able to exercise at all. I did lose some weight through it though, but it was just from having no appetite because of the surgeries, pain meds, etc. I am just now getting started exercising again - but I certainly know what it's like not to be able to - and I generally cannot lose weight if I don't exercise.
    I'm here if anyone wants to chat!

Megan
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Hi Tanya,

Feel free to add me!

I also have fibro, joint problems, and am recovered from a bad neck/back injury. I am mostly ok now but still get the occasional flair up from the injured area. I have to be careful about how much stress i put on my upper body. It's challenging trying to balance getting fit & building up strength and dealing with the fibro and the previous injury, but i've been doing pretty good for about 6 mos or so. It can be done! :smile:

Meghan
  • lulu4thewin
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I just joined the site. I have severe fibro, facet arthritis, etc. Exercise is very difficult. If I walk for half an hour I will be on the couch for the rest of the day. :P

I have been cleaning up my diet for years, and am finally down to being an organic, gluten-free, sugar-free, vegan. I've actually gained weight since I cut out all the "bad" things!!!

I'm hoping that tracking calories will make a difference. I am also planning to start either yoga (old folks / pain relieving version) or T-tapping (for beginners).

Hopefully one or both of these programs will allow me to include exercise without putting me out of commission. :)

Looking forward to hearing of whatever may work for others.
  • haylo66
    haylo66 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Tanya! It looks as if you are doing well without the exercise. I have had Fibro for 10 years now. I could keep my weight down in the beginning but it has become harder with each year. I do find that walking and lifting light dumbbells helps with my pain so much. I sleep better too! I run a page on Facebook called Fibro Comfort Corner and I feel more determined now. Have you ever tried yoga or water aerobic exercises? They may help you in just getting some exercise. Good luck... I'll be rooting for you. ~Hayley:smile:
  • ASchnadelbach
    Options
    I have Fibro too and also need more friends. Can I add you?:happy:
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have fibro and PSA and a host of other things but those are the biggies. Last year was a really bad year for me, but I'm feeling better (as well as I can with this crap) now and ready to get back at it.
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Have injury/pain issues. Apparently very vulnerable to injury and the 'all in' attitude doesn't help with that. Exercise is on hold. Would love to have more friends with similar issues. Please feel free to add.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,004 Member
    Options
    I also have fibro, cfs, and hypothyroid, it can be difficult to exercise but I started just walking for 10 mins a day and then started SLOWLY adding exercise. I have found yoga has helped along with swimming and walking. I have lost 115 lbs since starting mgp in july 2010 feel free to add me
  • lulu4thewin
    Options
    I've dialed back to vegetarian, because whey shakes are just that helpful.
  • ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me . My chronic pain is different from the ones mentioned here but is still chronic pain which keeps me from exercising and keeping uplifted.
    I have Atypical Neuralgia and Bursitis in my hip. There are times I walk with a cane ,lucky the past 8 months I have been able to do without as I had a steroid shot. The Neuralgia is in my face and therefore I am unable to work,,do heavy lifting even sweep the floor. So I am left with just the walks . So happy to have found you guys !!!
  • tanyab222
    tanyab222 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support, the adds and extra ideas on what is helping you lose weight! I've just been recently diagnosed with Lupus/RA and well the FIbro was diagnosed back in '06. But that isn't stopping me from going forward!! I'm determined and will definitely keep going no matter what happens! Sounds like we all have our challenges to deal with so we can definitely be a great support system for each other in many ways. Lets keep the motivation going!! ♥ :)
  • Moe0112
    Moe0112 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with lupus and RA last year. Its been a difficult struggle trying to exercise and eat better. I don't always have thwartine support at home so always lookingnfor new friends to help motivate.
  • jlswbes
    jlswbes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/409789485761939/

This is a group on facebook i have started feel free to check it out and join.
  • Mscassileigh
    Options
    I have Fibromyalgia as well. We both know how much that sucks lol so it makes it hard to even want to work out let alone actually do it. I will take all the support I can so feel free to add me. I need all the help I can get so I can actually stick with a program for more then a few weeks.
  • Clifffiscal
    Options
    Hello,

I've been serious about exercising since May. The arthritis is definitely a roadblock. It is SO difficult to get moving in the morning, but like they say, the best thing to do is to get up and get moving. Sometimes I have to waddle along for a good half-mile before the joints start to get limber. I'm not losing weight as quickly as I thought I might, but blood sugar and BP have dropped considerably. Very encouraged that I'm on the road to good health. Happy to be your buddy.