Help! Motivation STAT!

Options
I am graduating from nursing school in a week (Finally!!!) with my RN. I have had a weight gain of 20+ pounds in 2 years and it needs to go now that my whites have been torched ;) I am looking for some support and motivation as I am new to this group. Thanks guys!

Replies

• Tme2change
    Tme2change Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard for your new nursing career! I'm Melissa and feel free to add me! I'm working towards my BSN right now have been forever it seems like however, I have been a LPN for 10 years (scary to say that).
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your graduation! Getting through boards and starting a new job can be stressful...but get through it as best you can! Feel free to add me if you like. I am currently in grad school while working full time so I know how the stress can make it hard to put your health first!
  • locoducky
    locoducky Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The boards end just like nursing school did. I am curious to find out if you have taken them yet and how things are going. I graduated just over a year ago and next month will be at my job for a year. Been an interesting year. I've done the yo-yo thing with my weight (I could blame it on working nights but I actually eat better when I am working, except I use my night shift routine as my excuse to eat like a regular person and a night shift person on days off...lol). Now, I am working towards running a 5K next week. I am not doing that great on getting prepared for the 5K, but I am seeing a difference, such as my scrubs are fitting better! So, welcome, feel free to add me and remember that you can do it!
  • PepePants
    PepePants Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Congratulations on finishing nursing school. Gaining weight during school is common--all that sitting in class and studying, I gained a good 20 lbs. MFP is a great place for support and accountability. Is that a Bichon Frise in your photo? I've got one, too. He and my Porky (Pekinese-Yorkie) are my "training partners.!" They'll take any opportunity to run and i try to let that enthusiasm rub off on me...
    --Roma
  • pleloo
    pleloo Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello, I'm in the same boat. I gained 20 lbs in nursing school. I graduated last year. I thought all the stress of being a new nurse would take care of it but now I realize I'll have to work at it to get back to normal. Feel free to add me. I would love some company on this journey. :)