Introductions!

Options
heatherdevine77
heatherdevine77 Posts: 22 Member
I'm new on here, so let's all do introductions! My name is Heather. I have struggled with weight my whole life and finally started slimming down when I started dating my now husband. Couldn't help it, he's a bodybuilder and always eats healthy and exercises. We got married August 13, 2010 and the following May found out we were expecting. Ever since having my son I just haven't lost the weight. I've got an extra 15 pounds, which doesn't seem like much to some but it's alot to me. And there it is. I'm just trying to look like my profile picture again. That was an engagement picture! At my thinnest. I want to be healthy so I can run around with my son. And keep my body in good shape so I can have another soon.

Replies

• Ladyinwaiting4
    Ladyinwaiting4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Katie. I am 38 years old ( 2 weeks from this coming Wednesday). I am a single mom of a 11 year old daughter. I started out at 250 pounds when I began my weight loss journey. I am 29 pounds away from reaching my goal weight. when I do my total weight loss will be 115 pounds. I just got rid of my size 16 clothes they were way to big for me. I am a size 14 in clothes at least in tops, blouses, dresses and skirts Jeans depending on the sizing style I am between a 14/16 on those. I have not been this size since I was a 10th grader in high school.
  • tndiva13
    tndiva13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am new here as well and happy to find a place to start. Today is day number one and it is hard to dust myself off and start again. Two years ago I had lost almost 50 pounds and thought I had made permanent changes. Threw out all the fat clothes... You know the drill. I have managed to kick a lot of bad habits, even addictions, but food is my battle royale. It feels hopeless, but I refuse to give up. I only fail if I stop trying.

Question...What does 3x3 mean?!
  • beatrixkiddo23
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I've been using myfitnesspal for about 2 months now, but i'm new to this group..i think this is a great idea for a group and i look forward to meeting everyone..i'm someone who has struggled with yo-yo dieting and fad crazes for about half my life...i really started putting it on during my last relationship..my boyfriend was extremely abusive, and i think i started just eating as a way to cope i guess..i put on like 50 pounds while i was with him and ballooned up to 235 pounds...i just wanted to stop giving him power over me by burying myself in fat..i decided to do something about it..this is the first time that i've tried to loose weight the healthy way instead of doing something gimmicky..one thing i'm kinda struggling with is not feeling guilty if i miss a day or eat something that i've tried to avoid..like today i had 4 slices of pizza..they were thin crust, and it's really all i ate today, but i still feel guilty since i didn't go to the gym today...does anyone else struggle with this type of feeling and if so, how do you deal with it?
  • beatrixkiddo23
    Options
    Hi my name is Katie. I am 38 years old ( 2 weeks from this coming Wednesday). I am a single mom of a 11 year old daughter. I started out at 250 pounds when I began my weight loss journey. I am 29 pounds away from reaching my goal weight. when I do my total weight loss will be 115 pounds. I just got rid of my size 16 clothes they were way to big for me. I am a size 14 in clothes at least in tops, blouses, dresses and skirts Jeans depending on the sizing style I am between a 14/16 on those. I have not been this size since I was a 10th grader in high school.

this is awesome and totally inspiring!
  • Lietee31
    Lietee31 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Angela I'm 31a mother of two beautiful girls. Aged 10 and 6. Its my birthday june 4 th n this year ive decided to do something for me. Like some of you ive lost the weight only to have it slowly xreep back up on me. Wish I could go back in time when I was thin n tell my younger me to smarten up. I was thin all throughout school only to gain weight. Ive been obese my entire adult life and I'm sick of what its doing to my quality of life. So no more limiting myself on fun cuz if my weight issues. Its time to get back to me. In a little over two months I have to wear a bathing suit because I promised my girls I'd take them to a water park. I want to make good on this promise n I'm frightened to death of how I. Will look. So heres to my challenges and yours. Best of luck to everyone. Ill be tracking my progress and hope to get to know some of you better. Please add me as a friend.
  • SherryL0419
    SherryL0419 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi...my name is Sherry. I'm 34 and I have a daughter who will be turning 6 in a few months. I have used MFP before but I always end up comparing myself to others on here who seem to do so much "better" than me. I rejoined recently and I am doing what works for me...not eating "clean" but tracking everything and keeping my calories in check as well as doing some kind of exercise most days. My favorite exercise to do is dancing, either live Zumba classes or Dance Central on the Xbox. I haven't added a lot of friends back here so if anyone would like to be my friend I'd be happy to have more support and offer the same in return. But like I said, I eat what I enjoy, just in moderation and I don't have my diary open.

Oh and by the way, I am currently at 176.8 lbs....started back here at at right around 190, at my highest I was 210. I haven't really set an ultimate goal weight yet. I'm just happy with every pound (or ounce!) gone :)
  • Latinachic
    Latinachic Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day to. It is not easy, but I like what I am seeing on this site. I too am looking for people to keep me motivated even if it is encouraging words once in a while. Glad to see you are back at it again ):smile: