The Fat Kid Inside

Options
www.thefatkidinside.com

All the recipes and food i prepare, always try to focus on healthy living, however these will be more specific to people who not only want to be healthy but who also wish to be fit. Nowadays, everyone claims to be an expert in weight loss, it seems that at every corner there is one more athlete/home cook/celebrity endorsing some kind of food/exercise/program that will revolutionise your life and make you thin in no time (YAY). But, nay. In truth there is no easy way to lose weight; I’m around 5’11 (ok 5’10) and now weigh 149 pounds (67.8kgs), rewind 4 years back i was 5’11 (fine fine 5’10) and weighed 240 pounds (109kgs). Don’t take out your calculators, yes, that’s 91 pounds. I know full grown women that weigh 91 pounds (well, full grown very thin women).

You can imagine what being that big does to a person, it makes you feel ugly, slow, hopeless and desperate, the more you try to hide it the more it comes gnawing at you. My turning point came after a bad break up way back then, after which I decided to go to a Greek island and work for 6 months. If you know Greeks, they are stubborn people, the friends I made helped me become comfortable with myself, making me work out in the gym shirtless, taking off my shirt in public places, just being ok with being fat. Once I achieved that, I realized I wasn’t just a fat boy anymore, but that I was a fat boy that could get fit if I wanted to

I gained weight because of a sedentary lifestyle and overly indulging in foods I knew were bad for me, eating out too often, taking the easy root (microwavable dishes) and not caring what went in my body. I lost weight through pure dedication, tireless hours of hard work and yes, food. I cooked my way to fitness, making sure to only feed myself tasty well prepared dishes with all the right stuff, the perfect fuel. Of course I indulge from time to time, as the fat kid still lurks inside of me; here you will find a little bit of everything for the sole purpose of sharing my passion for food and life.

Replies

• marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Hello from Chicago iL!
    Congratulations on your weight loss and your great attitude. Wow - 90+ lbs lost!
  • czenny
    czenny Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    www.thefatkidinside.com

All the recipes and food i prepare, always try to focus on healthy living, however these will be more specific to people who not only want to be healthy but who also wish to be fit. Nowadays, everyone claims to be an expert in weight loss, it seems that at every corner there is one more athlete/home cook/celebrity endorsing some kind of food/exercise/program that will revolutionise your life and make you thin in no time (YAY). But, nay. In truth there is no easy way to lose weight; I’m around 5’11 (ok 5’10) and now weigh 149 pounds (67.8kgs), rewind 4 years back i was 5’11 (fine fine 5’10) and weighed 240 pounds (109kgs). Don’t take out your calculators, yes, that’s 91 pounds. I know full grown women that weigh 91 pounds (well, full grown very thin women).

You can imagine what being that big does to a person, it makes you feel ugly, slow, hopeless and desperate, the more you try to hide it the more it comes gnawing at you. My turning point came after a bad break up way back then, after which I decided to go to a Greek island and work for 6 months. If you know Greeks, they are stubborn people, the friends I made helped me become comfortable with myself, making me work out in the gym shirtless, taking off my shirt in public places, just being ok with being fat. Once I achieved that, I realized I wasn’t just a fat boy anymore, but that I was a fat boy that could get fit if I wanted to

I gained weight because of a sedentary lifestyle and overly indulging in foods I knew were bad for me, eating out too often, taking the easy root (microwavable dishes) and not caring what went in my body. I lost weight through pure dedication, tireless hours of hard work and yes, food. I cooked my way to fitness, making sure to only feed myself tasty well prepared dishes with all the right stuff, the perfect fuel. Of course I indulge from time to time, as the fat kid still lurks inside of me; here you will find a little bit of everything for the sole purpose of sharing my passion for food and life.

You're here, too. I follow you on twitter. :)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    First of all congrats on your transformation! I admire your discipline, determination & patience. 91 pounds lost is such an amazing accomplishment. You're just 9 pounds short of losing my Filipina mom who weighs only 45kgs. or 100 pounds haha.

I feel your struggle. Sometimes it sucks being a half-Caucasian in Asia since our bodies aren't built the same way as typical Asians are. In a continent where over 90% of people are naturally small, I feel big & no matter how much how much weight I lost, I still remain on the heavier side despite weighing only 54.5 kgs or 120-121 pounds (I'm 5'2" by the way & my BMI is about 22-23). My female co-workers on average weigh the same with my mom or even less. I started to gain weight when I was 15 and from there, my mom & others kept on making nasty comments about my weight, compared me to my naturally skinny sister who got my mom's genes. She even told me exactly this "If you were going to be a whale, I would reject you as my daughter". Fast forward to a few more years where I couldn't take it anymore so I eventually resorted to drugs, diet pills & later on developed anorexia (though I never became skin & bones but I was eating only 150 cals a day!) although none in my family knew about it. After 2 years, I was able to recover but gained weight again. 2009 when I was at my highest weight of 75+ kilos or almost 170 pounds that was where I got some of the worst comments of all coming from well who else but from my mom & her stupid family. Now that I lost the weight, they begin to be more kind to me :huh:

However just this morning, a female co-worker of mine told me "Hey you're getting fatter again" & this despite me working hard & not seeing any negative changes in measurements. I admit that this triggers me to go back to my anorexic way of living & I want to continue losing these ugly fats. I hope not
  • tiptoe_marc
    tiptoe_marc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i started reading your blogs january 2013 bout the same time i started dieting. thanks to your blogs which gave me inspiration and guidance i was able to shed the pounds. am 5'6 (fine fine 5'5) with a weight of 205lbs. now am 158lbs. am still 15lbs shy from my ultimate goal but am inching my way towards that direction.
    more power to you bro! keep writing those blogs and recipes.
  • AgnesInWonderland
    Options
    That was inspiring. I do hope I can get recipes from your blog. I'm at 2++ lbs now and hoping to lose weight. I'm starting today. :) I'll be visiting your blog after posting this reply. haha.
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Good job,, and keep up the good work,,

kaya din natin magpa lose weight or gain weight depende sa goal natin,,, basta discipline at self control lng sa pagkain at hardwork sa exercise :wink: