Week 5 Challenge

Options
adancer59
adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
Hello again ladies! Let's get these new teams initiated with a new week of challenges! I am going to keep the format similar this week, since I've been very busy with the merge. However, don't forget any awesome ideas you have for later challenges. I will soon post a thread for discussions of ideas.

Anyway, on to Week 5 Challenges!

As usual, there is pounds reward for each part of this challenge.

Exercise Challenges
1. 4 out of 7 days with 30-45 minutes of cardio or strength exercise sessions to be spread out during the week as it suits you best! Examples: jogging, fast walking, cross-trainer, treadmill, Zumba, Aerobics, Dance, workout DVD , going to the gym etc.
(moderate cleaning doesn't count ;)

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeeds

2. Try something new or something you haven't done for a while. I know we've had this challenge every week, but it's always good to change up your workouts. Remember this doesn't have to be a huge activity. It could be something as simple as a different kind of abdominal workout (e.g. wall sits) or jumping rope, anything you haven't done in a while. More involved ideas: swimming, dancing, another class at your local gym, a new DVD , tennis with the kids in the park , football, jumping on the trampoline.

3. Let's try something different for this part of the challenge this week. Choose 4 days this week (maybe the same 4 days as your exercise for part 1 or maybe some different days to spread out your workouts). On each of those 4 days spend 10 minutes working one area of your body: arms, legs, abs, or booty. By the end of the week, you'll have received a total body workout and maybe gotten some ideas for your new activity for the week :)

Food Challenges
4. For the food challenge this week, let's focus on colors. Try to incorporate foods of different colors into your meals and snacks throughout the day. Make your goal to eat at least 5 colors each day. Since this challenge is being posted so late, let's make our goal to eat at least 5 different color foods on 5 of the 7 days this week.

5. Post a picture and recipe of one meal you cooked this week. The more color involved the better :) Judging will be based on color incorporation, health, and presentation .

Post pictures/recipes here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/994185-week-5-cooking-challenge-recipes-pics

1 lbs advantage for everyone who posts a recipe/pic
2 lbs advantage for the person with the best recipe

Other things we've talked about in the past
Take a rest day
Keep drinking water
Incorporate more fish into your diet
Don't forget breakfast
Eat 5 portions of fruits/veggies a day
Try to cut down on added sugars

In Summary:
1. 4/7 days of exercise = 1 lbs advantage
2. 1 session of something new = 1 lbs advantage
3. 10 minutes of arms, legs, abs, or booty workout, 1 day for each body area focus = 1 lbs advantage
4. 5/7 days with at least 5 colors of food = 1 lbs advantage
5. Recipe = 1 lbs for everyone who posts, extra 1 lbs for best recipe

Replies

• marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    thank you love this week challenge ;) boots on and off to park to do my work-out
  • TayPat24
    TayPat24 Posts: 131
    Options
    great way to kick start our new teams! Thanks!!!
  • channy70
    channy70 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    How have the new teams merged, how/when will we know what our new teams are
  • adancer59
    Options
    How have the new teams merged, how/when will we know what our new teams are

I updated the spreadsheet to reflect the new teams. You can see who's on what team by using the following link. The same link is posted in the new spreadsheet discussion thread. There are also new discussion boards for the combined teams.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtITACIlndtJdHZQSEtfRFNWVEFMQWdZaEtOZ2NWUGc#gid=9
  • stacyb99
    stacyb99 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you for adding me mid challenge!! I won't let you down:)
  • healthy4meN2013
    healthy4meN2013 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Looks like a good week ahead! Looking forward to encouraging the new team!
  • stacyb99
    Options
    Can someone explain how bonus lbs work? I get that they are a reward, but---
    Also since this is my first day, how exactly does this work? Does every thing I do get logged somewhere that all can view? I want to maximize this, so all suggestions are welcome!!
  • adancer59
    Options
    Each week you work to complete the challenges. You post your successes in your team's discussion thread or PM your team captain. That information is posted in the spreadsheet. This week's information will be posted on the "Week 5" tab of the spreadsheet. If you want, you could also post the information in the spreadsheet yourself. The advantages that you earn this week will increase your weight loss for next week. For example, last week I earned 2 pounds advantage. That means that I've already "lost" 2 pounds this week. Feel free to post any struggles, successes, comments, questions, etc. in your team's discussion board. The point of this is to encourage each other, keep us all motivated, and help each other lose weight. Good luck!
  • stacyb99
    Options
    Thanks for explaining! is this thread considered our discussion board?
  • stacyb99
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies, I wanted to share this 10 minute youtube video I just did for stomach exercises!! Perfect for our challenge!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yraJwlEJPc0
  • adancer59
    Options
    Thanks for explaining! is this thread considered our discussion board?

Stacy, your team's discussion board is located here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/993343-yellow-red-loft

The spreadsheet with everyone's name and weight information is located here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtITACIlndtJdHZQSEtfRFNWVEFMQWdZaEtOZ2NWUGc#gid=9

This thread is actually just a description of the week 5 challenges. There will be a new one like this every week describing the upcoming challenges and pound advantages.