May 19--Week Three

Options
MarlaStuck
MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
Hello My Friends.... I'm Back............... :blushing: Sorry for the disappearance--getting sick sent me for such a loop. I ate terrible, didn't exercise and yes gained weight.... Well that is ok because here I am with you warriors and back in the saddle.

Yesterday I went back to zumba and was rejuvenated on good it feels to work out. Over 14,000 steps yesterday so I'd say it's headed in the right direction. Enough about me lets talk you....

What was the biggest success last week?
What are your plans for next weekend in relation to diet and exercise?
What is the "different" or "new" exercise you are planning for next weekend?

Keep your witts about you coming into the holiday weekend....remember what the holiday is about and do something in honor of yourselves or a soldier that isn't able to do what you are....

Keep going I really did get strength from your successes thank you!!!
Marla

Replies

• JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have had three crazy weeks, I sure hope they are over with!
    Although things have been out of the ordinary and so so so busy, I have still made positive steps in the right direction, working with my weekly goals.

Obviously I want to see the scale under 140 pounds, but that will be my weekly weight goal until my body finally balances it's self out and allowes me to get there.

I will continue to work at my morning exercise routine; I want to get 4/5 in this week.
    Plus, 4 extra's, which can be during the day or evening.
    A minumum of 500 calories burned per day...including the weekend.

I have also decided to start fully logging again...eek!

Staying positive and working at everything :-)

Have a great week everyone!

Jess
  • Buglindsey1979
    Buglindsey1979 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I haven't been very good lately. Traveling and not working has left me out of a routine. I have been gaining and losing the same 3 lbs for the past 3 weeks. The good news is that it isn't worse than that. The bad news is I need to get my butt in gear. I did go out for a jog/walk with my son today. Now if I can just keep that up. My goal for this week is to get back on track for logging and lose that 4th lb. :-). Wish me luck. With another long drive on Thursday, I will need it!

Lindsey
  • laura920
    laura920 Posts: 52
    Options
    Hi everyone,

This week was pretty much like all my other weeks this year! I say to myself I will get this under control, I will stop sabotaging myself and I don't do anything about it.

I told my bff that I felt I need to go back to Weight Watchers and that if I got a lifetime member offer to go back I was doing it. I got 2 signs. I got a $10.00 weekly offer and I REALLY saw myself in a picture on facebook. I was mortified at how bad I think I look in that picture!

I had great success with Weight Watchers, lost 60 pounds in a year and hit my goal. After that I was diagnosed with colitis and was told I needed to back off high fiber foods, vegetables and some fruits until I healed. I allowed that to make me lazy and stopped going to meetings and look what happened I gained 40 lbs back!

So, tonight I am going back :happy: W.W. affords me the structure and accountability I need to be successful! Had I continued to go to meetings, I may not have gained most of the weight back. What this means is I'm not leaving MFP or our group, I'm just not going to log my food on here anymore.

Having been through multiple bouts of colitis I now know the foods I need to avoid to keep things under control. With that knowledge and the success I had previously with W.W. I think I may finally get my eating under control.

Now that I have babbled!

Biggest success last week: My W.W. epiphany! Still haven't gained, maintaining.
    Plans for this week: Get back on the W.W. program and continue my c25k program.
    Plan for new different exercise: Start toning my arms!

I will be sure to have my fridge stocked with healthy foods and my pantry cabinet will have points values in sharpie on everything going into the holiday weekend.

I hope everyone has a great week this week!

Laura
  • autumnlily31185
    autumnlily31185 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Having a rough start to this week, but after looking back at last week I did manage to complete all of my goals I set, so that is good.
    I started a strength routine in addition to my cardio and am also keeping up with my cycling challenge as well.

After a month plateau I finally lost 0.6lbs =)

My goals this week are to try and push past this rough patch I am in and stay on track and not fall

Exercise at least 3 times this week

(Very small goal because of things I am struggling with)
  • kellymckibkib
    kellymckibkib Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My week was okay. Not great but not a disaster. I had a job interview which caused some emotional stress eating (my downfall) and I got the job so that was some reward eating. I am proceeding through life with awareness of what I am doing, so that is an improvement.

I kept my goal of exercising for 30 minutes everyday with the exception of yesterday. But I exercised twice as long today to make up for it. I wasn't able to ride my bike to my art studio b/c it has been raining almost the entire week and that is unusual for Montana.

My win for last week was I made my breakfast and lunches for the entire week. I find that really helps me so I don have to choose and I know how many calories I have each day. My husband loves my muffins so much the muffins aren't lasting for as many mornings as I hoped but I am getting fast at making them now.

My goals for this week are to continue to exercise everyday for 30 minutes and try to ride my bike to my studio at least once. I will also make my breakfast and lunches for the week.

My month of May goal was to exercise for 30 minutes everyday to create a habit and I picked a reward for myself. I am so looking forward to my small reward!
  • dmc1996
    dmc1996 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi All. I am new to this group. Hoping to find some good motivation!
  • MarlaStuck
    MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi All. I am new to this group. Hoping to find some good motivation!

Welcome, Glad to Have You!!! So this week plan a goal to do something different or in honor of someone who can't--it is memorial day weekend after all :) Again welcome. Friend any of us that you like to pick up extra motivation.
    Marla
  • ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My week was AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I was on vacation in FL on the gulf side. Beautiful weather, good company, good food, & good drinks. So I did some form of movement each day - of course some more than others. I felt with the intake of food & drink I would be up. I stuggled TERRIBLY with sodium being high almost every day.
    Upon return home on Monday night, I weighed Tueasday morning and was down 4/10 lb....so I was happy to realize I lived the week as true as I could.

My plan this week:
    *get nutrition back in focus - no HIGH sodium days
    *40 plus minutes of exercise each day.
    *Holiday weekend - limit alcohol