any trans guys on T yet??

Options
AshJasper
AshJasper Posts: 51 Member
did you have to adjust your calories or amount of exercise? I'm starting in about a month, and idk what to do about caloric intake and exercise...

thanks guys!!

Replies

• roosterblue
    roosterblue Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm pre-T and I'm curious as well to see what sorts of changes will need to be made once I start.
  • munchifer
    munchifer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been on T for 4 years. I'm no doctor but I can tell you my experience. When I started T my hunger went through the roof! I did not handle this well at the time and just kinda ate uncontrollably. If I had the knowledge then that I do now I would not have worried about this so much and rather just focused on eating more clean. I would suggest satisfying your new found hunger by ingesting quality protein balanced with complex carbs (ie. eat your vegetables). This will both help build muscle and satiate your hunger for longer periods of time than if you ingest highly processed foods, simple carbs (ie. bread/pasta), or sugar-laden foods. If you balance a good diet with exercise while starting your T journey you may be amazed at the changes you'll see. Once I started changing what I ate (rather than how much) I watched the fat just melt off of me and my muscle gain go through the roof. I still have a ways to go to reach my goal weight/size/shape, but once I stopped fearing food and using it to my advantage I really started getting much faster and better results. Once you start T you will really be able to listen to your body and it will tell you what it needs. For some basic info on clean eating check out this link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/livestrongcom/clean-eating-5-simple-ste_b_632545.html

Hope any of this helps. Good luck!
  • AshJasper
    AshJasper Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    thank you this helped tons, lots of guys say they get hungry so much more and im still fighting off hunger daily because my body is adjusting to the calorie change and i have an inactive thyroid so its hard to lose weight. ive been doing good so far, i just dont want T to mess it up.
  • TheTrym
    TheTrym Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Personally I never experienced the increased hunger I see many mention. Can't say I'm complaining about that one. :p My weight didn't change either (until later when I had my thyroid meds properly adjusted).
  • KaseyWolf
    KaseyWolf Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I attribute my weight loss more to my getting my act together than my T intake. It probably did have an impact. I do notice that a few days after my shot I've got munchies more LOL. I keep carrot chips, salsa, celery around and make sure I drink plenty of water. I try to eat my carbs early, more protein than carbs. I had my chest surgery 3 months ago and so working on that aspect of recovery and building my chest up.
  • GrendelGreg
    GrendelGreg Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been on T for seven months. Within a couple weeks I got an insane and steady increase on my appetite, but I have more or less kept to my caloric goals as my target weight range remains more or less the same as I'm a shorter guy.

I plateaued from months 2-6 on T as muscle was building but I kept losing pant sizes, and to be fair I was also not exercising like I had been. Now my weight is coming off predictably once again.