Introduction?

Options
2»

Replies

• Peteshaped
    Peteshaped Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in Backwell these days - moving in to town in the coming months. Any newbies want another local friend, feel free to add me :)
  • PoundThePounds
    PoundThePounds Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am Mac, 21. I am studying in Bristol and at the moment I live in the centre. I go to the gym at Tyndall Avenue.

I started joined MFP some time ago, but only recently I really seriously started using the app. So far 9 lbs are gone. A lot more to go :-)

Nice to meet you!
  • sweetiecorn
    sweetiecorn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Been on here for some time and only just found out there is a group for Bristolians!

I am a student based in Clifton, been hiding in the gym (member of centre for sport at UWE) all winter and now the sun is out I would like to find someone who wants to go for a jaunt around the downs...

I am not 100% fit yet so if anyone else wants to go at a leisurely pace send me a message :)
  • sweetiecorn
    sweetiecorn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Shame I'm on the other side of town. Does anyone use the courts or gym in UWE?

I'm at the gym there, they had a 6 month membership offer in Jan for £100 unlimited use so I took advantage. It's a lovely little gym and very friendly!
  • runlilyrun
    runlilyrun Posts: 140
    Options
    Hi all, I'm actually in Bath (at uni) and there isn't a group for there that I can find... so I'm going to slide under the rope!
  • jammyone
    jammyone Posts: 80
    Options
    Hello beautiful Bristolians! I've just started working near Bradley Stoke. Does anyone know any decent gyms about? Feel free to add me by the way :-)
  • lynsx30
    lynsx30 Posts: 5
    Options
    hey all….just stumbled over this group - so thought i'd pitch in……from southmead in bristol, joined MFP some time ago - but more motivated now so using it more.
    doing the 5k race for life in july - so training for that…..also trying to have baby - again need to get fit for that!!
    well feel free to add me :)

good luck on all your goals x
  • motleyrude
    motleyrude Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi im james, 25/ 26 in july. im from horfield, work at aztec west.

jammyone:- i got to anytime fitness in bradley stoke, its a nice little gym, open 24/7 an cost £28 month.
  • Keapix
    Keapix Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm Kelly. I live in Bedminster at the moment.
  • RogueViper101
    Options
    Hello beautiful Bristolians! I've just started working near Bradley Stoke. Does anyone know any decent gyms about? Feel free to add me by the way :-)

Hi,

If your looking for a good gym near Bradley Stoke, I live in Bradley Stoke and use Riverside in Little Stoke. Nice gym.
  • loveworkingout123
    Options
    Hey Im naz, 29, I actually live in Wells, but work in Bristol and just joined the gymgroup so I can go to the gym there as well as my home town. I have played badminton at county level and still actively play. Have about 10 years of exercise knowledge, nutrition and diet :-)
  • FrankLangers
    Options
    I'm Frankie 25 from Bedminster
  • erulasse
    erulasse Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Might be a little late, but HI!
    I'm Abi, 22 and live in Brentry. Just lost 52lbs before putting 12 back on at Christmas :(
    Hopefully it'll be gone again by my birthday at the end of Feb :laugh:
  • Osh69
    Osh69 Posts: 2
    Options
    Morning all, I'm Mike and I live in Horfield. Im 52 and used to be a triathlete some years ago but a mixture of getting married/my wife being an excellent cook/preferring to cuddle up her on the settee than get in the gym have caused me to add a LOT of extra weight the past few years. That and tge fact that I sit on my *kitten* all day looking at a computer screen!

Worst of all I live just a few hundred yards from Horfield Leisure Centre -and I was a member ALL last year and barley went.

Currently recovering from having a maniscus ligament repaired but already decided enough is enough. I run my own business whic is stressful at times and I am a heart attack waiting to happen if im not careful.

Im wearing a full leg brace right now but this comes off in just 3 weeks time. Ive started walking to the office and back (2 miles) every day and cutting my food down/watching what I eat. Will DEFINITELY be re-joining the gym with a target of loosing 3 stone this year; more importantly I want to get and feel (a LOT) fitter again.

Nice to meet you (virtually!) All.

Osh
  • BeccyGee
    BeccyGee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi. I don't know if anyone's still using this group as there hasn't been a post since February, but I'll introduce myself anyway..
    I'm Beccy, 46, living in Knowle. I've just finished doing the Forever Living Clean 9 programme - lost 10lbs in 9 days,which I was pretty chuffed about - and want to continue losing weight but probably in a slightly slower, sensible eating/exercising way from now on - have used this site for a couple of days, just getting used to inputting food intake & exercise done - I've made it so this page opens first whenever I go online so hopefully that will keep it in my face so I keep on at it. How are you all keeping yourselves motivated?
  • stef352
    stef352 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello my name is Steph and I am 30. I live near Keynsham, Bristol x
  • obstobardus30
    obstobardus30 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I see that this thread has been dead for a while? Anyone still on here?