Starting elimination: How long to see results?

Options
tikafly
tikafly Posts: 184 Member
I had testing at the allergist last week that came back with milk, beef, and pork allergies. Oh joy. It's a good thing I like chicken. The dairy seems to be the most challenging to eliminate. I'm really struggling with figuring out what I can eat. It takes so much energy to think of new things or look up new recipes. Guess I needed to vent a little too...now to my question...

How long does it take to see if eliminating these things from my diet will relief my allergy symptoms (namely severe eczema)?
I go back to my doctor in 3 weeks, but is that enough time for a difference to show?

Replies

• pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would expect to see some changes in three weeks' time.

If eliminating milk, beef, and pork, you might find yourself some yummy new recipes by browsing vegan recipe sites.

I eat vegan, grain free, other allergies, so if you are looking for anything particular, just ask. It won't take you long to get your feet under you. We tend to recycle the same five to ten recipes over and over again, so once you've got a handful, you can make it from day to day without thinking about it too much.
  • tikafly
    tikafly Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the advice and encouragement :)
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Its not that I feel better or awesome..I just don't feel like ****. So instead of after a milkshake when I cramped and was in the bathroom I just don't drink milkshakes. Same with gluten (I have celiac). I got the diagnosis and its not like some great wave came over me after being GF. But when I have gluten whew..I feel it. It also never has cured my eczema or psorsis. But again when I have dairy or gluten it does aggravate it.
    Ive been told that certain allergy tests for foods are so inaccurate. Eliminate for about 4 weeks and then try to reintroduce 1 of them. See what happens. Then try another and another. You may find that dairy is your main culprit (or whichever). Once you get rid of the culprit you may find you can tolerate a lot of other foods. I love "leaky gut" theory.
  • bryfawn
    bryfawn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I broke out into a god awful rash that has covered my whole stomach and is slowly spreading. I wasn't sure what had caused the allergy but cut out all the new things I had eaten that week (which is now about 2 weeks ago). Finally decided that I must have an intolerance to Sulphites and I am now slowly beginning to think that my life as I know it is over as they are in Everything!!! Started my elimination today by giving away half the stuff in my house. Hopefully it wont be a futile experiment.