What do you think about the programme?

Options
New_Soul
New_Soul Posts: 11 Member
What are your thoughts on the principles laid out by Snyder? Is it really working/reasonable/sustainable? Do you live by her rules?

Replies

• New_Soul
    New_Soul Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'll start :D

I have read the entire book and I would like to point out that following all parts of the programme seems almost impossible :D
    Honestly, I do not buy all that she claims - for example in the very beginning when she tries to point out where do humans belong compared to other animals regarding feeding style, she compares only three groups: a gorilla, a tiger and a human - while gorilla is a vegetarian, chimps for example are not and she completely overlooks the facts that chimps, being the closest relatives of humans, are NOT vegetarian at all - I think this bold statement from the very start may just put off many readers (I didn't take her as seriously anymore after reading this, to be honest) - I mean, it is clear that she really wanted to make her point that it is natural for humans to be vegans, but that simply isn't true.
    Similarly, when she explains that there are many animals who are very strong despite being vegetarian, the animals that she chooses (rhinos) have a very different system from that of humans - she does not comment on that fact in any way, she only claims that "these animals are able to get all their needed protein from vegetation".
    Also her explanation of "a clogged wheel" and "toxic sludge" seems a bit simplistic...
    So... I am not all that convinced of her credibility.

Besides the obvious fact that avoiding processed foods as much as possible, restricting animal protein and maximizing intake of fresh vegetables and fruit can only have positive effects on one's health, I do think there might be something about "eating light to heavy" and "the optimal food combinations" and I have been actually trying to incorporate some of these rules into my way of eating.

I am interested in personal experience of anyone who's tried to maintain this diet and how it works for them :)
  • gloria117
    gloria117 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have incorporated the ggs in the morning, and love the way it makes me feel. Im more energized and in a better mood. I definitely believe in the light to heavy and proper food combining. As far as the vegan/vegetarianism I would love to go vegan but it is difficult. I've also read "skinny *****" by kin baurnouin and Rory freedman highly recommend it. They also have the "skinny *kitten*" the men's edition. They talk about all the factory farming and how it affects our food supply. That alone will make you want to go vegan. :) but to each there own.
  • helen8328
    helen8328 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I think chimps are mainly vegetarian and only eat meat when they have to, which is very similar to humans. We don't have to eat meat to survive, but it is beneficial in times of need.

I've been following the detox program for a year now and feel fantastic. I think cutting out gluten and dairy helped me the most, along with not mixing starchy carbs and preteen in the same meal. I haven't become vegan though and I do still eat fish and the occasional chicken or turkey, but I can't really fault anything she says in the book it all seems to make sense. I've also tried a strict alkaline diet before this but found it very hard to maintain, this food plan suits me better.