pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    November is too far away :'(
    I really hope I'm able to get cinema tickets for it!! :|
    x
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Wowzers, terrific episode ....... but can't even imagine where the storyline is going ......

Felt like I was going through withdrawal today, but then I remembered there's a dozen episodes recorded ..... just finished watching "The Wedding of River Song" ..... it's all good :drinker:
  • tinchick
    tinchick Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Can't. Take. That much. Awesomeness!

What an episode! Is it November yet?

*melts into a puddle on the floor*

My thoughts exactly!
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I had to watch it twice it was so great! Counting down the months until November!!!
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Definitely the best episode of series 7. Loved the Classic Doctors and especially William Hartnell, my very first Doctor. Looking forward to November!
  • helenme28
    helenme28 Posts: 18
    Options
    I cried! First time this series! The moment when The Doctor caught Rivers arm I was a gonner!

I'm still not fond of Clara but at least I understand her now... sort of.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I cried! First time this series! The moment when The Doctor caught Rivers arm I was a gonner!

THIS!! I squealed! I was so happy that they were able to have their moment and she too was able to say goodbye.

I did finally like Clara more in this episode, now that she's decided to step up (or, at least that the writers have her stepping up).

I was going to go all sorts of apesh*t on Moffat if Jenny was really dead. I was holding my breath at that point during the conference call.

The episode was amazing. Loved all the old clips of past Doctors. Trying to decipher John Hurt. Doctor 8.5 or Valeyard? I lean toward 8.5, but we'll see. We've been watching a lot of Merlin lately, so that was an added fun bonus. I wanted him to growl "Merlin!" at the Doctor, but alas. :laugh:

DH and I want to try to score tickets to the 3 day event in London. We figured it's worth a couple grand on a credit card for a once in a lifetime event (and a trip over to Cardiff before heading home).
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Or could John Hurt be Doctor 0? There are too many theories that all seem likely and they are probably all wrong. Bah.

But 11 and River... I love them. I am so sad that her story is ending.
  • racheljeanvickers
    Options
    Oh.
    All the feels.

I think John Hurt is 9 1/2 actually, right?
  • tinchick
    tinchick Posts: 59 Member
    Options

I was going to go all sorts of apesh*t on Moffat if Jenny was really dead. I was holding my breath at that point during the conference call.

Yes!! I screamed "Not Jenny!" at the tv.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options

Yes!! I screamed "Not Jenny!" at the tv.

Oh, me too ! Woke my husband up, too :laugh:
  • tokig0313
    tokig0313 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Amazing episode.... Far too long of a wait... Kinda glad I get the new season of arrested development to binge on for a few days as a distraction from craving Doctor Who
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    Didn't get to see it until last night. So incredible... have to watch again tonight!

Closure for River handled perfectly. Hot kiss, too.

Fricken love John Hurt.
  • southpaw211
    Options
    We watched it again this past Saturday. What a great episode. I'm really lobbying for Vastra, Jenny & Strax to get more screentime. They're fabulous.

Still - didn't like having the Doctor's final resting place front and center - that's definitely not something I like to think about in the future!

Finally have a chance to gorge ourselves on Sherlock over the summer whilst waiting for the 50th. And another 2-1/2 seasons of Merlin to get through to finish that up. Someday I might even get around to watching Downton Abbey! (We are crazy for BBC-America at our house, right down to Top Gear)
  • beckiern1
    beckiern1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I wanted him to growl "Merlin!" at the Doctor, but alas. :laugh:

THIS!

(sorry i'm just getting in on this!)
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I wanted him to growl "Merlin!" at the Doctor, but alas. :laugh:

THIS!

(sorry i'm just getting in on this!)

Or tell him it's the wand that chooses the wizard!
  • southpaw211
    Options
    [/quote]

Or tell him it's the wand that chooses the wizard!
    [/quote]

Or gurgle "oh no, not again!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMT4YcmiZks
  • misspenfold
    misspenfold Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Or gurgle "oh no, not again!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMT4YcmiZks

I can't watch the video as my computer is rubbish but I do believe that's a reference to Spaceballs! In which case YOU are awesome. :drinker:
  • southpaw211
    Options
    Hee, hee... totally was! :laugh: