Need Virtual Walking Buddies

Options
Hi, I am Marcelino (Marce, Morris, Mocassin), 51 years of age, disabled vet, cardiac patient with a few other health issues. Looking to slowly drop 100lbs by managing my diet and exercising (primarily walking). I started a walking regime 3 months ago and have lost approximately 40 lbs. Virtual Walking Buddies: Joined this site to manage my diet and hopefully find some folks that are also interested in managing their diet and shedding pounds by walking it off. I have no problem sharing my training regime and of course will accept all Friend requests. My goal is to walk 18 miles (army thing) briskly by the Oct 2013.

Replies

• ncross1
    Options
    Hi, Marcelino. My name is Nancy, and I would love to join you as a virtual walker. I am 52, and I have lost 45 pounds so far using myfitnesspal for the last 13 months. I would like to lose another 50 or so pounds, but like you, I am trying to lose slowly. In May, I participated in my first 5K and completed it in 48+ minutes. Over the summer, I have had various health issues, and I'm just starting to exercise seriously again. I would love to see your training plan. I've never thought about walking 18 miles, but that would be a great accomplishment.
  • aussiestargazer
    aussiestargazer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    me too - I just saw your posts and though was not sure how far 18 miles was in kilometres (18 * 8 /5) - seems to be about 29 kms so will it up to 30 - I don't think I have ever walked that far - town is 20kms away from here - work is 8km - so will be trying to walk from work to Town - now that is putting it into perspective for me!

I am getting on and bits are wearing out - have lost a lot adn still need to lose a lot more but slow and steady wins the race! I live in the country in Australia so virtual walking buddies is all I am good for - so please may I join you both?
  • Susie3501
    Susie3501 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 64 and needing encouragement to walk more. There is a place to walk near me, a community center, but hate to drive there. Have a treadmill but makes my neck and shoulders hurt while walking. I NEED help. Please add me.:ohwell:
  • GrannyGwen1
    GrannyGwen1 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    50 plus With 50 0r More To Lose

Need Virtual Walking Buddies

COUNT ME IN
  • cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Add me too.
  • cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Add me too.

Meant to say, you can walk at home for 1, 2 or 3 miles with Leslie Ransone on YouTube. Pretty good.
  • dblbutts
    dblbutts Posts: 11
    Options
    I love to walk but have no one to go with me - so I am willing to try virtual walking! I have over 50 pounds to loose and need support. add me please :glasses:
  • FatOldBat
    FatOldBat Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Hi Marcelino, I'm 59 years old and just joined MFP yesterday, but am determined to lose at least 58 of the 208 pounds I've managed to get up to. Congratulations on your impressive progress and please add me, if you would. :flowerforyou:
  • FatOldBat
    FatOldBat Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    There are so many impressive stories here! As for me, at 59 I've allowed myself to get shamefully fat, 208, and unfit. Yesterday I walked a measly .6 mile and ended up nearly winded. Talk about baby steps, huh? I think that the only immediate results I can expect are soreness and frustration. I've resolved to weigh myself only weekly, so I'm hoping for encouragement from the scale next Tuesday.

Thank you all for your inspiring stories!