New to this group

Options
Bellamay59
Bellamay59 Posts: 10 Member
I am 53 yrs old and I am so tired of failing on diets. I found this amazing site and am excited so far about the potential. I joined this group because I think it is important for me to keep it real and in this age group, we have special challenges. I am so tired of hearing that we (of this age group) are doomed to a fate of being overweight due to hormones, etc. I am honest with myself that I and only I can do the work of staying on track with my eating and most importantly exercise. I used to be able to adjust my eating a drop a few pounds, not any longer!!!! I have never never liked exercise and I have a bad knee. Of course, I feel if I get some weight off, my knees will not be as stressed. I am just tired of feeling tired!!!! I hope that by joining this group I can find useful information to help me succeed as well as possibly encourage others.:happy:

Replies

• angelgayla
    angelgayla Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey, Bellamay! Welcome to the group!
  • Bellamay59
    Bellamay59 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! looks like you have been very successful!!! You may be able to answer a question for me.......at the end of the day, there is a button you push that tells you 'if every day were like today,you would weight --- in 5 weeks. I am not sure what that means, am I nuts? I am not sure what to read into that.....any thoughts?
  • 13tea
    13tea Posts: 55
    Options
    This is how I interpret it. If you reproduced all you numbers for that day, in so many weeks you would be at that weight. So if you had a calorie count of 1400 that day and burned 300 calories in exercise, depending on your profile ( eating 1400/300 as many times a week you had previously chosen) in so many weeks you would be at the weight at the bottom of the page you are referring to. Did that help, sometimes I don't explain things well.
  • shutrbugz
    shutrbugz Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi Bellamay! I'm brand new to the group as well! Like you, I am also very tired of carrying around this excess weight and the ups and downs I've experienced in the past. I'm 54 and want to lose this excess baggage once and for all. I just need to stick with it and stop quitting. Also like you, I've had some problems with my knee and that has kept me from exercising the way I'd like, but I feel I can work through it. I just need to have the right mindset! Wishing you a successful journey on your "weigh" down.

~ Marilyn ~
  • Leena1225
    Leena1225 Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm new to MFP. I've been dieting on my own since the first of the year. I've lost 10 pounds, but I'm stuck again. I'm joining MFP and this group in hopes it will motivate me. I'm 51, 40 - 45 lbs overweight, in full menopause, and tired of failing. I look forward to reading everyone's posts. Thank you all in advance for any and all help.

~Leena~
  • 13tea
    13tea Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi, nice to meet you. It's a great group. Menopause isn't easy! And you are not a failure, you are here and the fact you are holding your lost is great. I started MFPwhen I had hit a 3 month plateau. Logging my meals has been a great help. When I get home I log in breakfast and lunch to see where I am for dinner. And logging in every morsel has shown where the extra 25-50 calories has added on wt. We will do it together!

Tea
  • Terry903
    Terry903 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello! to everyone! I too am tired of the extra weight and have just started to get used to logging my food, and then using this site to figure out what's for dinner. It's been tough because our food budget is small and I have a teen in the house. But! I am doing much much better and I really think my taste buds and body are starting to do a little adjusting! I think my body went through a kind of hissy fit after loosing some foods it thought it needed. : ) This site gives me hope!