Precore Elliptical

Options
fatsygirl1
fatsygirl1 Posts: 7 Member
Does Anyone out there use the Precore Elliptical machine. It seems to burn a lot more calories than the regular elliptical I have been using. Does anyone know if the machine targets and builds leg muscles or is it basically for calorie burn? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• NikkieVirgo
    NikkieVirgo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have one, but your guess is as good as mind. I am sure that you can find that out on google. All I know is, I need a break after the first ten minutes on that dang thing.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have a Precor. Did you set up your profile? The figures it shows are based on age, weight, sex and exertion. If you have one that has a heart rate monitor function it should end up being reasonably close to accurate I believe. No more or less than any other brand. Precor does have the ability to tailor the estimated calorie burn to you individually so you want to make sure that part is set up properly.
  • Nunu214
    Nunu214 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have an elliptical pro and boy do I love it I'm up 2 doing one hour on it I burn like 500 to 600 calories on it I can feel it working every part of my body I just started my diet and exercise 2 weeks ago and I've lost 5.5 pounds I can't wait till I hit my goal weight :-)
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I am a Precor fan. I like the old 546. I don't own one myself. I have a NorticTrack. I'm a member of Planet Fitness and they have Life Fitness machines. I sure miss the old Precor 546. That is the way to go IMHO.

I don't go by the machine's calculations of calories anymore. I calculate my calories here: http://www.triathlontrainingblog.com/calculators/calories-burned-calculator-based-on-average-heart-rate/

I wear a heartrate chestband monitor and watch.
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Beautifulbridgittlee7 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I like the amt elliptical, that thing works everything, and keeps your heart rate up there, and you feel challenged.