Pre Challenge Day -10

Options
JurneyEve
JurneyEve Posts: 84 Member
I'm happy to say that I did really well yesterday. I went ahead and started the challenge early so I'm doing a 41 Day Challenge, as I know some of you are too. My start weight was 149.2 when I weighed myself yesterday. I was under my calorie count and I exercised more than I had planned to. I feel really good right now and I had a lot of energy all day.

Tomorrow I plan on going for a bicycle ride. I'm hoping to ride at least 10 miles and I'm hoping to have enough energy left in me to get on my elliptical, even if it's only for 10 minutes.

I hope you all have an amazing day. I look forward to hearing about how your day went yesterday and what you plan on accomplishing today.

Here's your inspirational quote for the day..."You aren't going to get the butt you want by sitting on the one you have."

♥ Diana

Replies

• TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Love the quote! Good job on your early start. I rode my exercise bike for 25 mins today. That's a BIG accomplishment for me. Feeling more optimistic about the challenge now :)
  • SkinnyMel78
    SkinnyMel78 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Awesome quote!! Hope to get a good walk in at lunch and a good workout in at the gym tonight!!

Melissa :smile:
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I did 25 minutes on the elliptical doing Peak 8 (30 seconds as hard as you can followed by 90 seconds recovery pace; repeat 8 times) and kept my calories under goal (just barely, but I did it). I also realized that I had crossed the halfway point to my weight loss goal - 23 lbs lighter than a year ago!

This morning, hauled my tired butt out of bed and made it to a 5:30 Power Yoga class and then had a great breakfast, so I'm pretty energized right now. :bigsmile:
  • dllewis7
    dllewis7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    :yawn: :wink: Tired old muscles after yesterday's great workouts. Back at it today! Love the quote, which reminds me. . .I need to get at working my a** off right now! :wink:

-Debra
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    74 minutes biking yesterday followed by Level 2 Day 3 30 Day Shred, and stayed in my calories. Woke up feeling sore, but got up and did 72 minutes of biking and some strength training. Now time for some breakfast!
  • iplibrarian
    iplibrarian Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hoping to get 60 min of walking in at lunch today. And... making spaghetti for dinner. Planned 1 1/2 cup cooked pasta for dinner. Have to be extra vigilant, as pasta is one of my favorites!! Tossing in some steamed broccoli to bulk it up. Have a great day everyone!
  • barbsdag
    barbsdag Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great quote. I plan on doing some exercising when I get home tonight for about 30 minutes so, I am pretty excited about it. I look forward to great results and complete satisfaction when I am done.
  • barbsdag
    barbsdag Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good job Debra!!!
  • mclaffin
    mclaffin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday too :) today I did day 2 level 1 of 30 day shred and I plan on staying well within my calories. it's gonna be hard this weekend...family will be visiting and they will be BBQ and beers....
  • 4MyHealthyFuture
    4MyHealthyFuture Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was horrible and I mean horrible for eating. Today is much better, but i'm still going to go over my calories. I guess it is a process I need to get used to and not beat myself up too bad about it. I was really in the habit of getting up each and every day to work out at 6am. I have used an upcoming move as my excuse to not do that. You know....gotta pack stuff, gotta organize, gotta sit on my butt and eat cheetos.....lol
  • mwoznia1
    mwoznia1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great quote! I started a 41-day challenge, too! I did an hour of power yoga and came a little bit below my calorie goal. So far so good!:smile:
  • lilbitCadeau
    lilbitCadeau Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yesturday was good breakfast and lunch, then ordered food not on plan for dinner, and finished it for breakfast today. Way over calories. But I entered every last calorie in the food plan instead of avoiding and not entering. Entering was the original food goal this challenge, so I guess a small step forward for me.

Rain here in the Pacific Northwest yesturday, but I got out and did some gardening/shoveling outside before it hit. Also got my stationary bike off the porch, cleaned up and in the living room so now can use it.

Today, I plan to eat good the rest of the day, bike 10 mins, and walk 20-30 mins, rain or shine.

Great plan on how things will go Diana. Looking forward to it. I too started 41 day challenge, though might not seem like it. :wink:

See you all tomorrow. By the way, lady doing 72 mins on bike, plus more excersize, way to go!!! Is inspiration to me to keep going and keep trying.
  • iplibrarian
    iplibrarian Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    lilbitCadeau: Good thing to enter it, even when it is way over. Went to the movies this weekend and before I knew it, I'd eaten a bunch of movie popcorn (geez there's A LOT of calories in movie popcorn!). At first, I thought of just skipping my food log for the day, but then decided to just enter it. Looking back at how many calories I was over on Sunday has helped me keep within my goal the rest of the week.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    lilbitCadeau: Good thing to enter it, even when it is way over. Went to the movies this weekend and before I knew it, I'd eaten a bunch of movie popcorn (geez there's A LOT of calories in movie popcorn!). At first, I thought of just skipping my food log for the day, but then decided to just enter it. Looking back at how many calories I was over on Sunday has helped me keep within my goal the rest of the week.

I agree definitely log everything the good, bad and the ugly. Take ownership of it all so you can see it, and see how next time you can make a better choice. Or say hey it was great, move on from it, I figure if I make 90% good choices and 10% of bad ones, I'm doing pretty good. I'm so glad I don't like popcorn, I looked up over the weekend how many calories were in the popcorn my husband had at the movies and was shocked.
  • Paoskee21
    Paoskee21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start today too!!
    I'm going to run and do some drills later! :)
  • JurneyEve
    JurneyEve Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I like how jwhited71 put it..."log everything; the good, bad and the ugly, even when it is way over."

Way to go everybody. I love the way we're encouraging each other. I'm going to bed early today because I'm bushed. I'll post the topic for tomorrow for all you early birds. If you haven't posted in today's topic and told us all about your day, it's never too late. Goodnight y'all.

♥ Diana
  • msigman1
    msigman1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am going to switch out the seat on my bike to a bigger seat. My little seat was hurting my big booty. I am keeping the smaller seat so when I loose the weight I can put it back on.
    Off for a bike ride and some silence.

The kiddos were up at 6 am giggling at the kittens and being very very loud. Coffee was interrupted by a friend of our older son stopping by at 8 am b/c his contracting job for the day was cancelled for the day. ( he has been dropping in at all hours recently) Needless to say my stress level is up, my energy level is down. Momma needs a solid half hour of silence. BTW I am SOOOOOO not a morning person.