I'm a fat mom too ;)

Options
DistantJ
DistantJ Posts: 155 Member
I am on another pregnancy group, and realized that I was one of the VERY few on there who actually had a weight issue. You know how it goes. The third trimester "baby bump" photos look like a bit of PMS bloating to me. How do people do that??

I'm 43 (yes, older than dirt to be giving birth) and on my 8th pregnancy. #4 ended in a stillbirth and #6 a miscarriage. But there are 5 beautiful living children to be grateful for, as you can see by my profile pic.

I was doing MFP and was going NUTS doing Zumba 5 -6 times a week for about 6 months leading up to my pregnancy. I stopped gaining weight when I started counting calories and Zumbaing, thankfully, but for whatever reason didn't lose weight. Hence, not only am I 'high risk' because of my age, but potentially because of my weight. 5'6" and about 243 when I started the pregnancy, and about 250 now. I think. I broke my scale because I'm too fat for it. True story.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you all! I'm due July 30. How about you??

Replies

• amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    First off Congrats on the baby coming! And sorry about #4 and 6! How heart breaking.
    Im 38 and a mom of 4 currently trying to lose weight from baby #1 who is turning 20 this year.
    I love Zumba what a fun way to lose calories.
    Feel free to add me I love giving support!
  • bed2883
    bed2883 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm pregnant with my first girl. I have two little boys at home. Feel free to add me!
  • moms0211
    moms0211 Posts: 64
    Options
    Looking at me you would still think I am pregnant! lol My daughter Morgan is 7 and my son Aidan will 5 June 10th.....I am just so sick of feeling this way and being ignorent about it.....

Congrats on all those babies and god bless you - I can't even handle 2!!! lol

I am sorry for your losses - that must have been SO HARD!!
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm a fat mom and grandma! The youngest of mine is 8 the middle is 13 and the oldest is 20. I can only imagine the heartbreak you live through and admire your strength. I too am 43 years young! Feel free to add me.