Feeling really out of place on MFP right now :-)

Options
Rag_Doll
Rag_Doll Posts: 49 Member
Hey all,

I began adding friends on here just a few weeks back when I decided to get truly serious about health and all it's accompaniments!
Since finding out I was preggo, I feel so out of place among them and their killer workouts... I'm like yeah, I went for a walk...and I'm eating a lot more to ya know 'maintain' errmmm...

I'll be back on track for more soon I'm sure, just feeling quite tired right now and partner is on a 'better safe then sorry' trip at the moment "don't lift anything" "don't walk too fast" etc

Anyway, yes. I'll man up soon and sort myself out!! ;-p

Love this forum so far, all the positivity I've been lucky to see on MFP but with beautiful bumps!!!

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I am open with them about being pregnant and wanting to get back on it as soon as I can postpartum, but I do try my best to keep up with them and high-five them for their accomplishments. It kind of sucks to watch them being awesome when I am physically unable to keep up, but in due time (no pun intended) we will be back to kicking a** and taking names :smile:
  • SeamsSewWright
    Options
    I know how you're feeling, but I try to think of it this way...Look at all the friends and support you'll have postpartum! All of us with newborns can share in the secrets of getting that extra time in to get back into the swing of things.

I feel a bit guilty because I've fallen off the wagon with keeping up with my non-pregnant friends. I pretty much login and head straight for this forum and the FF&P Due in Sept. 2013 group.
  • Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I think most people would understand and be supportive, but there is something to be said for having other preggo friends. So far, I have a pretty good mix of both and quite a few people that post epic workouts every day.

I keep them around though because I like them and they motivate me. I am also hoping they will all stick around and cheer me on after. I will try my best to get back into the swing of things after baby, but I have a feeling I will need all the support I can get. :)
  • Rag_Doll
    Rag_Doll Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I won't delete any of them and love their posts, only a couple of them know and they are supportive. I've got a bunch of sweethearts...true story here...I'm just jealous aren't I?!? Lol

I do hope they're about to sort me out come the time but yup I really appreciate having this place too. :-)
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I am part of an Extreme Obstacle Course Training here and we have a Facebook group. I am due in July and I can not workout like they do or do the mud runs. :( They are always posting all their heavy due workouts and run achievements and I see all of the pics of them bonding and I feel left out. I am not having as much trouble with it here. I log my food still because I have gestational diabetes and I log my walks and all my friends are very sweet and supportive. If you would like to add me as a friend I will cheer you on. :)
  • awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I feel out of place too, but I don't want to shut myself off from MFP because I don't want to have to get back into the whole routine all over again. I want to keep logging in everyday and even if I don't log all my calories and exercise, at least I'm logging some of what I eat everyday. It is so hard being preggo and not eating over the calories. But, I would much rather enjoy my pregnancy than worry about what I eat every other second....
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    We're all in this together. Once I added more prego friends I felt "normal" again. Ironically, 2 of them are in the thread!!

Feel free to add me. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: