how to Have Your Cake and you Skinny Jeans Too - by Spinardi

Options
BuffyEat2Live
BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
Has anyone else read this?

I've been trying to be an intuitive eater (on and off) for years now, going solely by the IE book. I could never figure out why I couldn't stick with it, or why I gained weight, or why I kept going back to dieting.

This book by Josie Spinardi has really helped me to figure it out! She isn't a doctor or a nutritionist, just someone who wanted to be an IE-er but couldn't find a book that truly helped her, so she figured out some new ways to go about it.

One thing that really spoke to me in it was that she talks about how intuitive eating is not "The Eat When Hungry, Stop When Satisfied DIET". I think that is what I was doing with IE, treating it as another diet.

She also talks about how you must completely seperate exercise from dieting, too. I know that "Intuitive Eating" also discusses that, but I think that the words Josie Spinardi used were so much more relatable for me.

So, have any of you read this? Or do you have any other book suggestions?

Replies

• mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else read this?

I've been trying to be an intuitive eater (on and off) for years now, going solely by the IE book. I could never figure out why I couldn't stick with it, or why I gained weight, or why I kept going back to dieting.

This book by Josie Spinardi has really helped me to figure it out! She isn't a doctor or a nutritionist, just someone who wanted to be an IE-er but couldn't find a book that truly helped her, so she figured out some new ways to go about it.

One thing that really spoke to me in it was that she talks about how intuitive eating is not "The Eat When Hungry, Stop When Satisfied DIET". I think that is what I was doing with IE, treating it as another diet.

She also talks about how you must completely seperate exercise from dieting, too. I know that "Intuitive Eating" also discusses that, but I think that the words Josie Spinardi used were so much more relatable for me.

So, have any of you read this? Or do you have any other book suggestions?

I havent read this book yet but it will definitely be going on my "to read later" list. I also really want to read Matt Stone's books(www.180health.com). He seems to be very much on the same wavelength!
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm reading it now! It's what got me going and thinking about IE.

~Chris
  • kwilson18
    kwilson18 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I read both this and IE, and liked them both. Interesting the book that originally helped me lose weight was called "The Skinny The Book"- it's out of print now but it used very similar concepts in a really relatable way. The focus was definitely more on weight loss than developing a better relationship with food, but it reset my expectations. Another group of books that had a similar message were the "French Women Don't Get Fat" books- they all talk about eating smaller portions of tasty, real food that you really want, eating when you are hungry, and only eating until you are just full. Same for another one I just read called "The French Don't Diet Plan". I just found IE and How to Have Your Cake, and they've helped me refocus- I've drifted up about 10 pounds since my original loss. It's been a few weeks and I'm down 5, so I feel like I've found my groove again.