Hey all newbies, intros please!

Options
Maggie1moo
Maggie1moo Posts: 89 Member
Hey all.... If everyone would kindly introduce themselves please so we can all get to no each other.....
Ill start :)

Im 22 years old (mentally 65 physically 105 lol)
Weighing 218lbs
Goal is 130 although anything close will be an acheivment!

Replies

• flowergirl45
    flowergirl45 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 51, Female, 5'5" and am at 231. Great idea for a group like this.
    My goal is around 130-140.
  • amberrea82
    amberrea82 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yay I'm figuring this place out again!! LOL So yeah, here I am. I'm 30, currently sitting at 250ish (I don't have a scale atm) and have another 100 to go. The motivation bug bit me again and let me tell ya, it was a big sucker! :)
  • Ashanti40
    Ashanti40 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I have been yoyo dieting for years and am ready to get this weight off and keep it off this time. I am fairly new to this website, but am finding my way. I am 40 years old and 269 lbs....this is my second week of being consistant with tracking my food intake and exercising. I have started getting up in the morning at 5am to get my workouts in before work, it was just way too easy to make excuses not to do it after work. I am so not a morning person, but determination has made me one. I am happy to report that I got an extra session of exercise in last night, stayed on my elliptical for one hour straight! Yay! Nice to meet you all, I look forward to making our goals together!
  • LadyLiege
    LadyLiege Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey gals!

I'm 31 turning 32 yrs old, started MFP a week ago at 206.5lbs here at starting point. Currently at 203.7lbs and hoping to get to around 133lbs within a year.

Remember ladies, this is not a race. The aim is to lose slowly but surely, not fast and furious! The faster we lose it the more easily it will creep back up on us! Try to resist jumping on the scales daily, it just depresses you because we fluctuate. Pick a time and day of the week and stick to that one time a week to make things easier on our nervous system! ;)

GO TEAM BB->JB!
  • AshleyStriner
    Options
    Hi! I am 29 years old, 5'7" and 238 lbs(I started at 240) Goal is 160. Hopefully in a year.
  • chrissy6767
    chrissy6767 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hey girls
    im 33 female who need to lose tons of weight.. I weigh 230 im 5'5 I want to weigh 140 ish but will be happy with healthy ...
  • Westiemom5
    Westiemom5 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey All, I'm new to MFP- hoping to lose about 50 lbs and find the " New Me" (or the old me from years ago) Would love some good recipe ideas if anyone has some:)
  • jentyree08
    jentyree08 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ok. So I'm 26. I have an almost 9 yr old son, and as of right now an almost 8 1/2 month old baby girl.
    Both babies were c-sections.
    I've kept the weight from my first..... and just kept adding.

In high school I was a size 16. I loved it! Currently, I am a 26. NOT loving it. So, I joined a gym. Planet Fitness. Within the first week I lost 7 lbs. Fantastic! I am def motivated (that and an app called GymPact is motivating me by paying me to go, and taking money out of my account if I dont! LOL). But really, I love it. Its not too hard, yet, but it is working me. I think I feel better afterwards, and I overall enjoy it. Even though I don't like sweating.......

During this last pregnancy, I actualy lost about 30lbs. I started the pregnancy at 360. Had the baby at 350 or so. Down to 320 now! Excited to watch it all fall off. Ive noticed my elastic pants/sweats are falling off. So Im going to have to go shopping soon. Once I get under 300 I will! :)

Feel free to add me, and I look forward to seeing everyone succeed.
  • GezBez
    GezBez Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi, I have been on MFP since January 2013, at the same time I joined a weigh-less group. I am 40 years old, mother to a 7 year old and a 11 month old baby (bit of a suprise, but a good one!). I have always 'suffered' with my weight, but put on 30kgs with my son (66lbs), and a further 20kgs due to post partum depression (44lbs). In the following 7 years (after my first child's birth) I 'stabalised at 100kgs (220lbs), managed to drop to 211 then got pregnant with my little missy.

I am now at 216lbs and want to get to 143lbs.... long road, but taking it one day at a time.

I need to do this for me, if I do this for me then my kids and my husband benefit ... I want my family to be proud of me.
  • Maggie1moo
    Maggie1moo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yeyyy, welcome all! Keep it coming ladies! X
  • DGerman0309
    DGerman0309 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I'm at 226. My first goal is to get down to 199 by the end of August. Then reach 155 by the beginning of 2014.
  • crpoe
    crpoe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm 34 years old and have been in MFP since January this year. I was doing great in the beginning, and then had to make a business trip out of the country. For some reason I feel off the wagon, but am doing my best to find the motivation to jump back on!!! I'm currently at 223 and have a 1st step goal of 199.999999999!!! :)
  • crpoe
    crpoe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're on the same goal plan as me...my first goal is to just break under the 200 mark. Good Luck!!!! :smile:
  • cagefan
    cagefan Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi !! Carrie, 36, momma of 4, been overweigh for about 17 years now, started having heart issues, started at 250 now down to 213 !! i think this is going to be a neverending story it will be healthy eating for the rest of my life and exercisng as well. anyone please feel free to add me the more encouragement the better !!!
  • lanielou30
    lanielou30 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello i'm just starting my journey at 227 my goal is to reach 140 by Jan...
    i have been overweight my whole life and i'm sick and tired of it. i will be 30 in just a few months
    and i really want to be successfully heading toward my goal as my birthday present to myself!
    wish me luck!
  • abc2003family
    abc2003family Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’ve been struggling with my weight for about 10 years. Before that I never had to think about exercise or tracking food so I’m slowing coming to the realization that to lose this extra weight, I need to. I am currently at 230 and would like to get back down to 160. I'm Mom to a very active 8 year old, wife to a loving, caring man and unfortunately...stuck behind a desk most of the work week.
    Before the summer is over, Onederland… here I come! :bigsmile:
  • AspiringPinkPinUp
    Options
    Hello ladies!!

I'm Amanda and I'm 27 from Maine. I've been obese my entire life. I made a go at weight loss last year but just couldn't make it stick. Mentally-I wasn't ready & still very much in denial. Fast forward to 9 weeks ago and here I am again. I had a huge reality check and found myself not in denial anymore and very much aware that me & my future were in trouble if I don't get my weight under control. I snapped out of the "Oh, I'm just over weight" mind set and realized that no, I'm morbidly obese and I'm NOT okay with that. I have a whole life to live and my husband & I want children. I can't bring a little life into this world if I can't keep up.

So, here I am!! I'm 5'9, started this journey 9 weeks ago at 339LBS :embarassed: and I'm down to 328.6 :happy: I have a long road ahead of me. My goal is to get to 220 and then re-evaluate myself from there. I've broken down all that weight into smaller goals and right now I'm working towards getting rid of the first 50. SO-that's a bit about me!! Glad to be here with other awesome women!!
  • Thay107
    Thay107 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 25yrs old. I'm 5 ft. even and after giving birth to my second daughter I'm stuck at 230lbs.I currently just lost 12lbs and ready for more! My ideal weight is 150-140lbs. I've recently came back to this site so still getting used it but I'm ready to meet new people and motivate myself and others to keep going. I'm open to any positive suggestion and encouragement!
  • jessicaosmith5
    Options
    Hey, I'm new to myfitnesspal but needed something to keep me motivated! I'm 27 and have 3 children, a 2 year old and 10 month old twins. I have been up and down with my weight all my life but I really want to get healthy and fit so I can run around with my babies! I want to lose about 75 lbs. My husband and I purchased a Bowflex Treadclimber to get us going but I've been having trouble making myself get on it! Good luck to everyone! I know how hard it is to lose weight, stay motivated and keep the weight off!

43504670.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • yesiam07
    yesiam07 Posts: 63
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Betty 24 years old. I started out at 319lbs and am currently at 172. Looking to be about 125-130. I look forward to getting to know everyone. feel free to add me! :-)