downloading the app

Options
Alissakae
Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
All I find in the google play store is the older version and I don't see the "blue button"to install 2.7. Can someone help me with how to get this version installed? Thanks!

Replies

• oex0duso
    oex0duso Posts: 27
    Options
    I have the same question/problem..

I got the e-mail but no download link anywhere or buttons.
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I couldn't find the blue button either. The version did update - but not to 2.7? Sorry I couldn't help. Maybe someone can help us!
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Look in your email for an invite from "androidbetatest@myfitnesspal.com" with instructions on joining the beta group. If you haven't gotten the email please let us know. If you have gotten the email and are still having these problems, please let us know that too. Thanks!
    All I find in the google play store is the older version and I don't see the "blue button"to install 2.7. Can someone help me with how to get this version installed? Thanks!
  • oex0duso
    Options
    Look in your email for an invite from "androidbetatest@myfitnesspal.com" with instructions on joining the beta group. If you haven't gotten the email please let us know. If you have gotten the email and are still having these problems, please let us know that too. Thanks!

I went to the Google group and joined as a beta tester there and when I went to Google Play store (MyFitnessPal app). It just tells me it's already installed and can't do anything further.

edit: Went back and now it's working. Clicked the install button again and 2.7 showed up.
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I got the email and joined the group...but couldn't find a way to download :-\
  • oex0duso
    Options
    Alissakae, are you using the same e-mail you use on your android device when you're logging into Google?

After you click the link and joined the group on Google. It should say to go to the Google Play store (not on your phone) and click the 'Installed' button that will show. It will recognize that you are a beta tester and upgrade to 2.7.
  • Alex
    Options
    We are looking into what the issue might be for those of you that can't get the beta version of the app... please stay tuned for more information.
  • Alex
    Options
    For those of you that are unable to access the beta, this is an alternative method to try manually installing the app:

1- uninstall the app
    2- download the app from your phone. You can use the browser to download it https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104578459/myfitnesspal-2.7-3239-release-zipaligned.apk
    3- After the file is downloaded, run the installation by tapping on the file from your notification drawer on the phone
  • mikencherie
    mikencherie Posts: 15
    Options
    It worked for me but I wasn't positive it did at first. Just got on here and reviewed. I have 2.7 on my phone and my Nexus7.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    If you followed all the steps from the email and didn't get the blue button, then uninstall. Once you try to install again you will be offered the 2.7 version. But you have to follow all the steps in the email.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    There seems to be a timing issue here. I got the email yesterday, joined the group, registered as a tester, but then when I tried to load the app on my phone I just kept getting the old version. After a lot of email conversation with Ayman, I still hadn't succeeded and went to bed with the app still uninstalled on my phone. This morning I checked the app on my Galaxy tab and it had updated itself to 2.7. I reloaded the app on my phone and successfully got 2.7 as well.

I do feel it was worth the effort though, it's quite an improvement at first glance and much more in line with the web app.
  • AnneMercedes
    AnneMercedes Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I took me a bit to figure out how to agree to be a beta tester and download the new version. However, that maybe my own inexperience with the Google (???) screens and the flow of things. I'm on a Galaxy S3.
  • dragon1ady
    dragon1ady Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    There seems to be a timing issue here. I got the email yesterday, joined the group, registered as a tester, but then when I tried to load the app on my phone I just kept getting the old version. After a lot of email conversation with Ayman, I still hadn't succeeded and went to bed with the app still uninstalled on my phone. This morning I checked the app on my Galaxy tab and it had updated itself to 2.7. I reloaded the app on my phone and successfully got 2.7 as well.

I noticed that too, though I skipped the email conversation part. I was tired and decided to go here and ask for help the following morning. Opened the app on my phone in the morning to log my breakfast, as always, and the app looked completely different!

@AnneMercedes
    I'm on a GS3 too, we can compare notes! :smile:
  • Alex
    Options
    Thanks to all for going through the effort of downloading the app after running into some problems. It sounds like everyone has gotten in now and I really appreciate all the help folks are providing one another get the app installed.