let's talk enemas...sorry but its gotta be done!!

Options
jamierussell929
jamierussell929 Posts: 13 Member
So for those of you juice fasting..are you doing then, how often, what types..

For me, the salt water has worked the best, but I have tried coffee and green tea ones. I am doing them once or twice a week depending on how things are moving.

I'm sorry if this topic makes anyone uncomfortable..but we all poop, just not very often on the juice fast!!

Replies

• Golightly17
    Golightly17 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I drink the Smooth Move herbal tea and it works well. I also use a refrigerated probiotic and it has really helped get my digestion flowing.
  • BeeMarieG
    BeeMarieG Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I for one am glad you went there. :) I am not doing a total juice fast, just 2 of my daily meals are juice right now. But I have noticed that I am not as regular as I usually am and like to be. I have Smooth Move tea and will try that this evening! I'm already taking a good probiotic.

Any other tips, other than enemas? :)

Also, what about gas pains? I've had a lot of that, too...
  • jamierussell929
    jamierussell929 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to try the smooth move tea. I haven't done that yet and it may be easier for when I don't have time to lay around :-)

The coffee enema was the hardest to deal with for me. I don't consume caffiene so I felt awful when I was done. I had a horrible headache, body shakes and felt all jittery. Of course, being me..I tried it again, just to see. Same results. So then I tried the green tea enema..yep, same issue. I don't due well with caffiene and when you don't even bother to ingest it, you just sent it right up the ol' poop shoot to be soaked into your system. Its like your mainlining caffiene.

Once I knew those weren't gonna work, I went to warm salt water and haven't had any problems since then. I do know that if your really stopped up you can do a small oil enema to get things moving, but I haven't had to do that yet.

BeeMarieG..as for your last question, I haven't had ANY gas since I have started juicing, which of course my husband thinks is fantastic :-) I'm not a very modest girl...hahahaha
  • BeeMarieG
    BeeMarieG Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm not modest about gas and pooping either. :) Everybody does it!