Recording your Insanity workouts on mfp???

Options
I've been tracking my Insanity workouts as vigerous calisthenics. Which levels out to around 360 calories for a 40 minute workout. This site suggests otherwise. How do you log your Insanity workouts?

http://operationthin.com/how-many-calories-does-insanity-burn/

Replies

• chineyLuv
    chineyLuv Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I would say that your best bet is to invest on a HRM. Depending on the workout, I can burn up to 800 calories (I'm in month 2), in month one, I burnt approximately 400 - 500 calories (with the exception of Cardio Recovery where I would burn around 200).
  • Shazoo00oo
    Shazoo00oo Posts: 7
    Options
    I made my own exercise for each day (this way, I can compare to the last time I did that day, whether I burned more or less), listed as cardio and I use my HRM for the calories
  • pierreborg86
    pierreborg86 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I log it under circuit training
  • pierreborg86
    Options
    I've been tracking my Insanity workouts as vigerous calisthenics. Which levels out to around 360 calories for a 40 minute workout. This site suggests otherwise. How do you log your Insanity workouts?

http://operationthin.com/how-many-calories-does-insanity-burn/

Vigerous calisthenics and circuit training seem to give about the same number. It's probably underestimating the calories but people have a tendency to underestime the calories they eat so I think it's a good idea to do the same with your workout
  • Hjdavenport
    Options
    Your best bet is a HRM! I am so glad I finally bought one. It makes it much easier to track how many calories you are actually burning. I just added each Insanity workout to 'My Exercises'. This way I can look back at what I burned last time I did the workout and try to beat it. :) Little personal competition always helps me.
  • pierreborg86
    Options
    I'm skeptical about how accurate heart rate monitors are
  • lyssa1109
    Options
    I actually found a pretty good HRM app for my phone. It uses the camera and the flash to watch your pulse. It's called Instant Heart Rate I think, and there's a free version (the one I'm using) and an upgrade.