5/23 Pre Challenge Day -9

Options
JurneyEve
JurneyEve Posts: 84 Member
I'm happy to say that I did really well yesterday (5/22). I stayed under my calorie count and I exercised for 75 minutes. My body didn't know what to think of it. I rode my bike for 10 miles but I didn't spend any time on my elliptical. Oh well. Baby steps, right?

Tomorrow I plan on staying under my calorie count and seeing how many minutes I can kick out on that elliptical before I fall off. Wish me luck.

And good luck to you all on whatever you challenge yourself with today.

"A man's health can be judged by which he takes two at a time - pills or stairs." I don't know about you but sometimes I take both. What does that say about my health?

♥ Diana

Replies

• dllewis7
    dllewis7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What a great quote, Jurney.

I rode the bike for 5.67 miles and have powerwalked 5.2 miles. The walking was a little less today than yesterday but my left knee is really crying out (osteo arthritis) so I have to listen to it. I went longer on the bike though!

Eating is going well too. I've been salading it every night this week and loving that. I think my body loves the greens!

-Debra
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I stayed under my calorie count and I exercised for 75 minutes. My body didn't know what to think of it. I rode my bike for 10 miles but I didn't spend any time on my elliptical. Oh well. Baby steps, right?

In my mind, 75 minutes is a heck of a lot more than a baby step! :tongue: Makes my 21 minutes on the elliptical this morning look pretty lame. (I'm going to blame yesterday's power yoga class- lots of lunge poses left my legs really tired today.) My goal for the day is to stay under on calories and make up my missing 9 minutes of exercise to stay on track with the team goal of 4 x 30.
  • 4MyHealthyFuture
    4MyHealthyFuture Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well I got everything laid out to get up early today to hit the gym. When the alarm went off, I thought I snoozed it. I then woke up over an hour later and struggled to get to work on time. Not to mention, I had to drop off a 90 pound puppy at the groomer. What a way to start the day. I did prepare my breakfast last night ahead of time. When I got to work, they had a morning meeting and had lots of breakfast catered in leftover. As I went through the line, I got fruit, scrambled eggs and sausage. I finished it off with an apple juice. I am scared to add it all up. but as I'm sitting here thinking about it, I really don't have a good idea of the # of calories in the breakfast I made ahead of time. I guess that needs to be figured out.

Debra I can sympathize on the osteo arthritis. I have had my left knee operated on 7 times. The 7th was a complete replacement at the age of 34. So there are definitely times where I am achy. I really overdid it landscaping last Saturday and paid for it for 3 days. Just today, I feel like I can walk down the steps normally. I think my biggest issue is that I feel like since I got my knee replaced that I should be able to do "anything". I want to run 5Ks and stuff. However, it just flat out hurts. I need to accept that I need to be a cycling, elliptical, swimmer, zumba type of girl. It's hard though. I feel like running burns lots of calories. However, spin class does too. Just gotta get my butt out of bed and make it happen.

Amy
  • 4MyHealthyFuture
    4MyHealthyFuture Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Okay I added up that breakfast. It was 421 calories yikes.
  • tokig0313
    tokig0313 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Well I got everything laid out to get up early today to hit the gym. When the alarm went off, I thought I snoozed it. I then woke up over an hour later and struggled to get to work on time. Not to mention, I had to drop off a 90 pound puppy at the groomer. What a way to start the day. I did prepare my breakfast last night ahead of time. When I got to work, they had a morning meeting and had lots of breakfast catered in leftover. As I went through the line, I got fruit, scrambled eggs and sausage. I finished it off with an apple juice. I am scared to add it all up. but as I'm sitting here thinking about it, I really don't have a good idea of the # of calories in the breakfast I made ahead of time. I guess that needs to be figured out.

lol I totally slept through my alarm too. Thankfully I managed to get a quick shower in and upstairs before the elderly man I take care of attempted to fix his own breakfast!
  • 1efcahill
    1efcahill Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    First, thank you for starting this challenge. I am so motivated and ready - I have started early.
    Secondly, your quote today was meant for me. I am 61 - and over the years, I have started "taking the elevator" instead of the stairs. Now my pill count is up and my outlook WAS down. I have been everybody else's cheerleader - and to paraphrase "The Goonies" -- It's MY time - it's my time here. I am dancing and walking and pulled out my 1# weights. Thank you!
  • JurneyEve
    JurneyEve Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    4MyHealthyFut - 421 isn't bad. Try not to beat yourself up.

1efcahill - The Goonies?!? I love you already. I'm a Goonie through and through. I'm glad the quote I chose spoke to you.

Let's all have a productive day. It's OUR time and we can do this! Goonies never say quit! Now let's all take a moment to do the "Truffle Shuffle." According to MFP, dancing burns 304 calories an hour.

♥ Diana
  • iplibrarian
    iplibrarian Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All! LOVE the Goonies! Ate a bit more spaghetti last night than I planned : ( so... I pre-measured my serving for dinner tonight and put it in a separate tupperware. Tomorrow morning is weigh-in day for me. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I join the challenge but forgot to log-in to your group. So far, stay under and double workout yestertday. I am fighting 10 pounds I gained over a 2 years. I am more dedicated now. My time for bikini season is July 5, to beautiful Florida weather, super excited.

Planning my meals and power walk today. Great day and let's stay focus. I need sclae number to hit 106 before the end of this weekend

Best,

Rosie
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone :)

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

Got 43 minutes done on the bike, now doing some furniture moving as I got a brand new dresser and want to get it all organized. Hopefully I will have time to do another 20 minutes or so on the bike. Logging has been good budgeted for a nice pasta dinner last night, so today will be on the lighter side.

“The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat.” ~Napoleon Hill

Have a great day!
    Jen
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I try to walk an hour everyday and I want to start adding time soon, most days I am under my calories and always used to be under my sodium but lately my sodium has been over I need my goal to be to get my sodium under control, I was on 3 pills for high blood pressure and was taken off of one of them and want to be off the other 2 not be put back on the 3rd one.
  • Mary9921
    Mary9921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow, ok, so yesterday I did great....under calorie count of 1200(which I know is quite low) and major excercising....worked out for about 1 1/2 hour counting the walk with my grandson around a couple of blocks....

Today I am worried, as I have already eaten too much for lunch....and I don't really intend on excercising too much today....
    Guess I gotta take the good with the bad. Maybe when I get back from Walmart I'll feel guilty enough to get an excercise in....
    I did dance around the living room for about 1/2 hour, does that count?, I did break a sweat and was breathing heavy, lol

Just an fyi.... :):):)
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Got a quick 15 minute power walk in with a colleague before the rain hit, so I made the 30+ minute mark today. Yay!

(And yes, Mary, dancing ABSOLUTELY counts! Go log it! :smile: )
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Dancing definitely counts! When I started I was chair dancing and counted it! Also remember you said you were way under yesterday, so if you go slightly over today you will be fine. Just because MFP resets at midnight our bodies do not!
  • mclaffin
    mclaffin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was planning on doing my workout vid today but just couldn't get the motivation. but after supper me the baby and the dog went for an hour walk and I am doing great for my calorie intake. good day:)
  • mclaffin
    mclaffin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    does anyone know what carb/fat/protein % I'm supposed to have...I see it on the app but not sure what I should be aiming for
  • Rav3nfan
    Rav3nfan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just finished 40 minutes on the treadmill -- 2.36 miles, 1,082 elevation gain and burned 471 calories!!!!
  • Rav3nfan
    Rav3nfan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congrats -- that's awesome. Keep it positive:-)
  • mrmora2012
    mrmora2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi, first i would like to thank you for starting the challenge. second, as i finished my first year of college, and started my summer break two days ago,......... i started to fall back again. i was home all day today and every time i would just open the fridge and grab something, i don't know what to do now! first, i used to spend the whole day in college and go to the fitness house and then head off to work. i just need help now because i don't want to go back to what i was before. This also happened last year, i began to loose weight during the school year and as soon as summer began, the weight started to kick in......
  • dfinnula
    dfinnula Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Doing ok - survived getting home for very late dinner (9.30pm) as straight from work to school concert - but did avoid the biscuits on offer there :) Find challenges to the normal routine mean that I grab quick food which is generally higher calories.

Depsite my best intentions rain has stopped me going out with the dog - find winter and dark mornings hard - also know that weekend is harder for me as less structure so - will pre plan and write what i will have over the weekend to see if that keeps me more on track.