TurboFire week 1 & looking for friends who just started too!

Options
LaChinaDoll
LaChinaDoll Posts: 168 Member
On my first week. I have never done any BeachBody workouts before but heard great things of this one. Part of me wonders if I should have done the prep schedule instead of jumping right in. Ive been able to keep up so far, Suggestions?

Looking for friends and support. Before this my main form of exercise has been Zumba and Jillian Michaels DVDs.

Also is it ok to do other exercises as well or past the first week will I be toast? LOL

Replies

• thenapony
    thenapony Posts: 12
    Options
    I didn't do the prep schedule and I've seen posts from people on this forum saying you don't really need to. I'd say as long as you're not starting from zero (no exercise whatsoever) you should be fine. I'm sure it would be fine to do other exercises too, but I'm usually too exhausted to do anything else. I mean, the schedule has you working out 6 days a week for goodness sake!

Have fun!
  • xintothevoidxz
    Options
    I was worried I needed to do the prep schedule, but I did what Chalene called Week 1 - just basically learning the classes.

It took a few classes, but that's what that week is for, learning the footwork and gaining some stamina to handle the upcoming classes :)

You'll do great! I know you will :happy:
  • xintothevoidxz
    Options
    ..wierd...it posted twice :embarassed:
  • jessicaziomkowski
    jessicaziomkowski Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am starting tonight! I would love to make friends that are starting too :)
  • tara9blur
    tara9blur Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am almost done with week 10, and I did not do the prep schedule. (I hadn't done much exercise prior to that, just a bit of swimming and Zumba.) Like Holly said, the main thing is learning the moves, which takes a while! Don't let that discourage you. I always like to quote another TF buddy - at the beginning, you pretty much feel like an octopus being hit with a taser gun every time you do TurboFire! :)

Anyway, feel free to add me! Just send me a message with the request, please... :)
  • pedsnure
    pedsnure Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I"m on to Week 6 this week. I didn't do the prep schedule either, but then again I am a huuuugge Turbo Jam fan and picked up most of the moves pretty quickly!
  • LaChinaDoll
    LaChinaDoll Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone about to start week 2. The core 20 killed me a bit I could hardly do any of the floor exercises lol
  • Abs1929
    Abs1929 Posts: 5
    Options
    I decided to do the Turbo Prep (currently on week 3), and I like it. I'm totally new to it, and lack the confidence, and didn't want to race to the finish line. Wanted to make sure i could do it w/o hurting myself. I aboslutely love it! If you need to add anyone, I'll be here for support :) Good luck and keep up the good work!
  • xintothevoidxz
    Options
    I'm always looking for daily active MFP Turbo Buddies :) Feel free to add me :happy:
  • mstabio1208
    Options
    Hi I'm restarting the program because I broke my diet and felt I should start over. I'm doing Turbo Fire 5 day Infernio and then starting the 90 day program on monday. Good luck and I'm looking for support as well, add me if you like.
  • SunnyBellaB
    SunnyBellaB Posts: 35
    Options
    I'm on week 1 day 4, and loving it. Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • Nikki91606
    Nikki91606 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 1 day 3. Anyone can feel free to add me! I'm loving TurboFire so far!! :)
  • brenick12
    brenick12 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm on week 1 day 6. I just keep encouraging myself to press play. I didn't do the prep schedule.