POOPING????

Options
JaynaErickson
JaynaErickson Posts: 23 Member
Soo I'm one month out tomorrow. Is anyone having trouble pooping? I'm getting in like one a week, is this normal? I no it's not proper to ask such things but hey I'm confused. And will this hinder my weight lose?

Replies

• joshputt
    joshputt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Less eating = Less pooping :smile:
  • anitadanafit
    anitadanafit Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am almost 3 months out and it is a real problem for me. I've tried more fiber, stool softeners, more water, prune juice and so far no relief.
  • JaynaErickson
    Options
    I just came from a support meeting and they said coffee.... Or water down juice. But of course less eating = less pooping too lol
  • cass2515
    cass2515 Posts: 4
    Options
    Im 5 mos out and Its still an adjustment. It will normalize some but prob not like it use to be.
  • Mamamareli
    Mamamareli Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im still on pre-op diet and even that has changed my, umm, "habits".
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Try colase that can help. Its not a stimulate more like an internal "lubricant" lol like drano. You most likely are constipated or not eating enough for regular poops. Do know its very common for your poops to change. Early out from surgery I went once or twice a week and now I go about three or four times, every other day or so. As other said less food = less poop. When I eat more I poop more and visa-versa. As time goes by you'll get used to your body's new "beat". But the most important part in all this is hydration - water! When I drink its easier to poop and I dont get constipated. Thats why the 64oz is super important. Dont drink coffee or juice if you can avoid it. I dont like water any more so I drink milk and decaf/ caffeine-free tea and water with crystal light.

Good luck!
  • bdeezy3396
    bdeezy3396 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I used Milk of Magnesia to get me going (Dr. recommend) and then started using miralax to keep me going. At first the MoM takes a day or two to take effect, but wow what a relief. Now that I'm eating more types of foods especially lettuce, and more fiber I don't need to go to it that often.
  • VaingloriousVictoria
    VaingloriousVictoria Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Orange Juice
    Coffee
    Fibrous foods

Good luck!!!
  • phatdivabbw
    phatdivabbw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes. I was worried. I take Miralax. But my Doc didn't want me to be dependent on it. Drink more water. We tend to get dehydrated quickly without knowing it because we have to trade off drinking vs eating.

I always forget to drink.

Shhh! I've mastered sipping while eating but it takes practice. I was afraid I would stretch my sleeve but my NUT said nope. One or two little sips if you can manage it will not hurt you.

In the beginining I would vomit but not anymore.
  • VaingloriousVictoria
    VaingloriousVictoria Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have been told not to drink anything while eating. Instead, try drinking a bottle of water between meals. If you are eating 4 small meals a day, that's 6-8 servings of water.
  • melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 months out and I still struggle with pooping. Before surgery, I was a very regular morning person. Once per week is my new regular. Usually make myself a "date" with the toilet on weekends if I have not moved all week. I drink Smooth Move Tea/ Miralax.
  • JaynaErickson
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm getting use to my once a weaker but oooommmmgggg! Does it kick my *kitten*! I have incredible pain that day and when I'm done I feel like I did one hell of a work out lol n need a nap.
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I take senna liquid every other day. My doc said letting myself get bunged up could do me more harm than taking laxatives more often than they would like. Even though I have had the sleeve and I keep being told I shouldn't have constipation my doc says it doesn't matter what I shouldn't have I do and he needs to treat my symptoms.....I love my doc!!!
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    It will eventually get better - I'm almost 4 months out and another poster said it... the addition of veggies and lettuce, etc, will get things a bit more regular once you are on those types of foods again. Early on, I also pulverized Fiber One cereal and added it to my protein shake. It actually made it taste great - kind of malty! In a pinch (no pun intended!) I used Miralax. More water does help, too.

Hang in there and keep some good magazines handy! They help pass the time! :laugh: