Hello

Options
I just started insanity on Monday also. I've never done a fitness program through beach body before. I'm out of shape, but I'm determined to get through it and see results. Nice to see a group here that I can talk to about it.

Replies

• osang321
    osang321 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I just started Insanity also this Monday! How are you doing with the program. Are you able to keep up? I'm 5'4 and currently 134 lbs. I used to jog and swimming 2-3 times per week until I started insanity.

To be honest, I needed to modify the program a bit otherwise I might injure myself. I cant do more than 3 pushups so I maintain a plank position till the next exercise. I think I'm doing about 75% of the exercises but I make sure to continue moving till the program is over. Aside from this I am also taking a supplement Lipo-6 to speed up my metabolism.
  • kimmando3
    kimmando3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been doing insanity for about a month now. I started skipping days during the 3rd week so I decided to redo the 3rd week and then move onto week 4. I haven't lost any weight so far but I have noticed that I'm toning up considerably. I have really big leg muscles so this is probably just due to those getting bigger. My pants fit better and my stomach is a lot tighter, although I still have my "pouch." I think I will always have this so I'm not concerned. From doing this workout I just feel a lot healthier overall. You want to try and go as fast as you can with these exercises after you have warmed up and then if you have to take longer/more breaks do it. Its all about getting your heart rate up to that point and then slowing it down, and on and on. Interval training...

When I first started doing this workout I was terrible and thought I was just in awful shape. But now I don't have to take near as many breaks and I am able to go faster and " push harder. " I sweat like a pig though it's crazy. It gets tough but once you are finished with the workout you will feel great.

I heard month 2 is pretty hard but that's when you start seeing the most results
  • jazpurita
    jazpurita Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi I started may 9th I have done insanity before but never fully finished the second month today I have the 2nd fit test today and I'm lacking a little motivation but I will push through it I'm determined to finish this whole round of insanity and do it strong
  • lawmaria
    lawmaria Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    HI!! AWESOME. Great we can motivate, ***** and support each other!! lol
    I just started insanity on Monday also. I've never done a fitness program through beach body before. I'm out of shape, but I'm determined to get through it and see results. Nice to see a group here that I can talk to about it.
  • lawmaria
    Options
    Hi! AWESOME!! I am doing ok, it is a total different workout than TurboFire that is for sure! I sweat like crazy and my legs are shaky at the end. The first two days I felt like I wanted to throw up! It was better yesterday. I can keep up pretty much, but I dont want to overdue it because I hear lots of people get injuries and I definitely do not want to do that. Your at a good weight. My goal is 137. I did lose about 70lbs so far since I had my son. I gained 80lbs in my pregnancy.

I modify my jumps all the time. There is no way Im jumping that high. My knees crack and crunch alot. I lift one leg at a time when it involves jumping. You can still get results from modifying. Im pretty good with push-ups. Good job on doing the plank position. That is good. I have to work on moving the whole time. I take breaks, but considering this is my first week, I will hopefully be better each day.

Never heard of Lipo-6.
    Hi I just started Insanity also this Monday! How are you doing with the program. Are you able to keep up? I'm 5'4 and currently 134 lbs. I used to jog and swimming 2-3 times per week until I started insanity.

To be honest, I needed to modify the program a bit otherwise I might injure myself. I cant do more than 3 pushups so I maintain a plank position till the next exercise. I think I'm doing about 75% of the exercises but I make sure to continue moving till the program is over. Aside from this I am also taking a supplement Lipo-6 to speed up my metabolism.
  • lawmaria
    Options
    HI, You have not lost weight yet? Have you changed your eating? LOL pouch....omg I have a pouch too, but considering I had 4 kids. Toning is good. I believe people do tone up and build muscle before they lose sometimes. I will always have the pouch too. Definitely....Im trying to keep up, but closer to the end, I really have to push myself. By the time I am finished my legs are shaky and gallons of sweat are on the floor...lol

2nd month is crazy. my teenagers are actually on their second month and i think they have 2 weeks left. i was finishing up my 90 days of TurboFire when they started. They are enjoying it. They are noticing a change in their bodies, which is great.
    I've been doing insanity for about a month now. I started skipping days during the 3rd week so I decided to redo the 3rd week and then move onto week 4. I haven't lost any weight so far but I have noticed that I'm toning up considerably. I have really big leg muscles so this is probably just due to those getting bigger. My pants fit better and my stomach is a lot tighter, although I still have my "pouch." I think I will always have this so I'm not concerned. From doing this workout I just feel a lot healthier overall. You want to try and go as fast as you can with these exercises after you have warmed up and then if you have to take longer/more breaks do it. Its all about getting your heart rate up to that point and then slowing it down, and on and on. Interval training...

When I first started doing this workout I was terrible and thought I was just in awful shape. But now I don't have to take near as many breaks and I am able to go faster and " push harder. " I sweat like a pig though it's crazy. It gets tough but once you are finished with the workout you will feel great.

I heard month 2 is pretty hard but that's when you start seeing the most results
  • lawmaria
    Options
    HI, that is awesome. girl you better finish it this time. i plan on finishing it. this is my first time. i just finished 90days of TurboFire. You got this!!! My teens are actually on their 2nd month and have a few weeks left. I am determined to do it also. It is so hard though compared to what I just finished. TF is dancing and music. I really worked it with TF. lol We can help push each other!
    Hi I started may 9th I have done insanity before but never fully finished the second month today I have the 2nd fit test today and I'm lacking a little motivation but I will push through it I'm determined to finish this whole round of insanity and do it strong
  • krc99080
    krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I also started Insanity on Monday. My intention was to start two weeks before that but as everyone knows life doesn't always go as planned. I've tried Insanity before and never finished it so my goal is to actually finish this time!

It'll be great to be going through this with others at the same time.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity on the 13th. I skip some days ans replace them with running. I am training for a 10k
  • lawmaria
    Options
    hi, congrats on starting this week. so true, always something going on. i never did it before. but i did do a workout or two with my kids. but i was actually doing TurboFire, which I completed over the weekend.

yes i definitely some motivation because this is a really tough workout for me, but im going to get it.
    I also started Insanity on Monday. My intention was to start two weeks before that but as everyone knows life doesn't always go as planned. I've tried Insanity before and never finished it so my goal is to actually finish this time!

It'll be great to be going through this with others at the same time.
  • lawmaria
    Options
    Hi, that is great congrats on the training! how do you like insanity?
    I started Insanity on the 13th. I skip some days ans replace them with running. I am training for a 10k
  • TayPat24
    TayPat24 Posts: 131
    Options
    hey! I started on Tuesday! Iwill be doing day 3 today :D
  • lawmaria
    Options
    hi, how do you like it so far?
    hey! I started on Tuesday! Iwill be doing day 3 today :D
  • lawmaria
    Options
    MORNING LADIES!! Last night was a better day then the first 3. It was Cardio Recovery! Nice stretching. Tonight it is on! Pure Cardio! This is going to be the true test for sure. I hope everyone is pressing play! Have a beautiful day!:flowerforyou: :happy:
  • lawmaria
    Options
    Insanity friends - anyone have any issues, need some advice, motivation or just want to chat?
  • violetcharms
    violetcharms Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I just restarted Insanity after dropping out in week 5 back in february? Hopefully I'll see through the entire workout this time...

Am unnaturally sore today after yesterday's fittest loool fml should hv never stopped
  • moniquita726
    moniquita726 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started Insanity on the 13th and did my 2nd fit test today. My reps definitely improved and I lost 4.5 inches, but have gained 1.5 lbs. I've read so many forums online and have read its a common thing....but it still is bugging me! I hope weight comes off soon!

A few details about me: I'm 30, 5'8, weigh 187 and have been eating a range of 1500-1900 calories (even tho Insanity suggests 2200!). I can't imagine eating more calories....but I have also read that you need to eat to lose weight.

Happy to find an area to chat about this intense program :) Good luck everyone!
  • lawmaria
    Options
    Hi, Im going on my 2nd week. You can do it!!!
    Hey guys, I just restarted Insanity after dropping out in week 5 back in february? Hopefully I'll see through the entire workout this time...

Am unnaturally sore today after yesterday's fittest loool fml should hv never stopped
  • lawmaria
    Options
    Hi, I am on my second week. Still going strong!! Glad you have improved. Great job!! Sorry about your gain, I was told that it was muscle when I gained. Im scared with MFP and how much it tells me to eat everyday. I knocked my cals a day to 1300, Im not sure if I would lose anything with 1500 a day. Good luck
    Hi everyone! I started Insanity on the 13th and did my 2nd fit test today. My reps definitely improved and I lost 4.5 inches, but have gained 1.5 lbs. I've read so many forums online and have read its a common thing....but it still is bugging me! I hope weight comes off soon!

A few details about me: I'm 30, 5'8, weigh 187 and have been eating a range of 1500-1900 calories (even tho Insanity suggests 2200!). I can't imagine eating more calories....but I have also read that you need to eat to lose weight.

Happy to find an area to chat about this intense program :) Good luck everyone!