What is your destination and why?

Options
My dream destination is to Australia. It is a place I have wanted to go since I was teenager. I will count every 10 miles of exercise as 100 miles.

Replies

• Lind140
    Lind140 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Mine is to Scotland, my ancestors are from there plus I've always
    enjoyed the bagpipes and attending the Scottish Highland games
    in the US whenever I could.
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    My dream destination is Ireland-something in those green hills calls to my inner "Celtic Goddess". I will google how far it is and for every 15 minutes working out I will count it as 25 miles. Packing my clothes for the start of the journey tomorrow :laugh:
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Mine is Paris. No reason other than I would love to go there and experience the culture, the food and see the sights! I will count every mile ran as 50 miles towards the 4500 I need to run to Paris!
  • shutrbugz
    shutrbugz Posts: 28
    Options
    I have so many dream destinations, but I'll begin with Paris, France. I am part French and I fell in love with Paris when I visited Las Vegas. I was in awe of the architecture and long to go there one day to see the real Paris and the beauty of the buildings and their surroundings. I'd love to see the Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, Notre Dame, etc. For me, the trip is 3,971 miles. I will be walking and for every mile, I will count that as 25 miles toward my destination. Happy travels everyone!
  • oddberry
    oddberry Posts: 39
    Options
    I like where you guys are going with this. A bit of a change to what my original plan was but since you guys are going so far, it makes sense. I was thinking starting off with something a little closer to home...but hey, you wanna go to Paris or Ireland...HAVE AT IT!!! :) That's awesome.

I'm in Virginia and so my destination...since I've never been there will be Richmond. It's close enough to not get me frustrated and far away enough to keep me moving. I applaud you guys are your big adventures right out of the gate. So excited!

so are we happy with the title of the group?
  • Lind140
    Lind140 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm very happy with the title, it states our mission! While my dream trip is overseas, I'm also going to start
    closer to home. Due to joint and disc disease, I'm only able to do swim laps most of the time.
    I'm going to start with Savannah, Georgia, my favorite vacation spot. It's 337 miles so 20 minutes will
    be 20 miles. Does this sound ok?
    Thanks
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Love the title of the group, and thank you again for all your hard work getting it set up I know it was frustrating yesterday. My destinations are based on a few ladies I met online in January that helped me begin my getting healthy journey, without them I know I would have given up many of times. So my first destination is Madison, Wisconsin 970 miles then from there to Maryland Heights, Missouri 373 miles where another one lives. Back home 964 miles to figure out how to get to the other 2 that are overseas.

I've also started doing (I'm a huge Lord of the Rings fan) a Biking to Mordor Challenge, my first stop on that challenge is Hobbiton to Rivendell 458 miles. I'm 40 miles into that.

I already track my miles working towards doing 30 miles a day, I'm just going to count them as regular miles and when I reach my destination I get there :)
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Angi, and I am going to go place to place, starting from home, Ft. Myers, Fl, going to Daytona to see my daughter who is there at school. It is approx 220 miles, I am a runner/walker so I am going to go 1 mile of running = 10 miles of my trip, mostly because I eventually would like to end up in Jackson Hole WY and would like to get there before I am 100! LOL.
    I am just getting over the flu and so I will start tomorrow. Happy Thursday All!
  • laarae
    Options
    My dream destination is Ireland-something in those green hills calls to my inner "Celtic Goddess". I will google how far it is and for every 15 minutes working out I will count it as 25 miles. Packing my clothes for the start of the journey tomorrow :laugh:

I just calculated my miles from the mountains of Colorado to Dublin, Ireland. The total is 4,484.26 miles. = 44.84 hours @ 4 hours a week this journey is going to take me a little over 11 weeks to get there.
    This new group is going to rock it.
  • wowsrz
    wowsrz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I was on the page as you and I'm in VA too. I was thinking of where I want to go and it's very motivating to see everyones posts :) Thanks for starting this!! I need to hurry and make a decision so I can log bike miles tonight :)
  • wowsrz
    wowsrz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    OK.... I've decided that I'm going to New Orleans, LA from Chesapeake VA!! According to Mapquest it is 1028miles from my house. I plan on going mile for mile and once I reach New Orleans I will chose my next destination from there :) I plan to start with just logging my bike miles and then maybe add in swimming and running/jogging to the milage.

Think I'm going to print out a map of the US and post it on the wall and track my travels with a push pin... GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Thank you!!
  • Candaroo
    Candaroo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My destination is Boulder, CO. That is where my in-laws live and we moved to NM a year ago and our goal is to ultimately get back to Colorado, boudler being the ideal place :-) It is exactly 562 miles from my door to theirs.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Think I'm going to print out a map of the US and post it on the wall and track my travels with a push pin... GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Thank you!!

I just did that this morning when I picked my destination!! Love the New Orleans trip might have to pick that after my biking to see my friends!
  • laarae
    Options
    My destination is Boulder, CO. That is where my in-laws live and we moved to NM a year ago and our goal is to ultimately get back to Colorado, boudler being the ideal place :-) It is exactly 562 miles from my door to theirs.

Yipee my home town is Boulder CO that is an awesome place to visit (also to live and be from)
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go to Austin Texas. I'd like to move there in the next couple of years. Since I'm a walker, I am going to do 1 mile=10 miles. Exercise will be 1 minute= 1 mile.
  • oddberry
    oddberry Posts: 39
    Options
    You guys are awesome!!! I haven't been to Richmond since I was a kid...so I'm going there first. :0)

It's 189 miles from where I am. 2 in...187 to go. :p
  • LAMAnRLA91909
    Options
    Today, I rode 6.257 on my stationary bike which equals 62.57 miles closer to my fantasy destination.